Queen's Hamlet
Donate to LHVW

Fishing Challenges

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Fishing Challenges

These Fishing Challenges are open to all Queen's Hamlet Co-op Members. There are no restrictions on where the fish are actually caught.

Please post pictures of your catches to verify your accomplishments.

Bronze Award

735_discussions.png?width=256

You've learned to fish; whether from necessity or for pleasure you can now bait your own hook and reel them in with the best of them. Here's a list of requirements for the Bronze Award:

• Catch a Fish
  • Make your own Bait
  • Catch a Basket of Gold (woohoo you're rich!!)
  • Catch a Sack of Kanda
  • Catch a Barrel of Rence Beer

Please note that all of these items can be caught in regular fishing spots. High energy and a baited fishing rod help. For those of you (like me) that have already used some of their items before this challenge was announced you don't have to catch a replacement item just make a note of it on your post.

Silver Award

736_discussions.png?width=256

Bursting with confidence, you're ready to tackle some TunaTournaments . These tournaments are held all across the grid (the Hamlet may occasionally host a tournament when we have enough members to support it). There are lots of good prizes & seafood to be had. Here's a list ofrequirements for the Silver Award:

• Catch a Salmon
  • Catch an Eel
  • Catch Seaweed
  • Catch Oysters
  • Catch a Tuna

Gold Award

737_discussions.png?width=256

Not only are you a TunaTournament Tycoon but you've done the Hamlet proud by taking home some prize money! Here's a list ofrequirements for the Gold Award:

• Place first, second or third in a Tuna Tournament

Well Done! Collect your Fishing Trophy & make sure to pose for a picture!!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 22 Oct 2016 04:21:30AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

759_discussions.png?width=721

Though I qualified for the Silver awhile back (and was just too lazy to post the picture) it wasn't until yesterday that I finally placed in a Tuna Tournament for a Gold award.

Here's my prize tuna, weighing in at 9.86 for third place at the G&S Co-op Tournament :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle
@claire-sophie-de-rocoulle
8 years ago
112 posts

Maybe the reason you took so long to get a bag was because it has started dissolving in the water effecting the marine life and any who consumed them ;)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

I've heard that Kanda can do some strange things to people! Congratulations on the Bronze :)

--
Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
8 years ago
58 posts

I feel I have caught and eaten too much fish of late... Well no matter, I have now at least achieved the Bronze Challenge! I thought the swans would never give up a sack of kanda. Perhaps it was my mentioning that I wished to cook something different for dinner that did the trick.

758_discussions.png?width=721

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina
Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
8 years ago
14 posts

Thanks!!!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Congratulations!!

--
Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
8 years ago
58 posts

While waiting to catch my bronze items, I caught the silver!

757_discussions.png

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina
Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
8 years ago
14 posts

756_discussions.jpg?width=721 First Prize YEAHHHH!!!

Tournament at Marachia just ended.
Thank you all for fishing:)
Winners:
Stangbo Resident 9,957kg - 35000 coins
Mogull Resident 9,913kg - 25000 coins
allarah Resident 9,839kg - 15000 coins

CONGTATULATIONS!!!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Good job, Strangbo! Just think of all the grilled fish you'll have to eat while smithing ;) Sending a Silver Award your way.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Congratulations, Hatsuka! Keeping my fingers crossed for you (while simultaneously fishing as fast as I can). Sending a Silver Award your way!

ETA: And another congratulations on winning the tournament!! Your Gold Award is waiting for you :)

--
Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
8 years ago
14 posts

755_discussions.jpg For the silver challenge i cought some thousends of the fishes and some nice fishes and other creatures as well.

Bessie Hull
@satoharu-nakamura
8 years ago
41 posts

754_discussions.png?width=721 The recent tuna tournament has been very kind to me. At 5:15am slt I am at 1st place, so there's a good chance with only 36 hours to go, I could very well end up with 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Cheer me on, or come to the tournament and try to do better! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Antiquity%20Battle%20Dock/9/166/21

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Great! Here comes the Bronze :)

--
Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
8 years ago
14 posts

753_discussions.jpg I managed the Bronce challange. Wohooooo!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Nice!! You've been busy with all the mining & fishing. I guess it makes for a nice complement as you have all those fish to eat to keep your energy up for smithing :)

--
Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
8 years ago
264 posts

Congrats! Those 9 tunas are big, aren't they!

Bebe Begonia
@bebe-begonia
8 years ago
10 posts

Thank you very much :)) Love Bronze!

And I love your theory (now mine.. if it doesn't effect my memory so much that I cannot remember what is the cause of my poor memory !! ;p)

Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
8 years ago
264 posts

You've got the hang of it though, have a nice tankard of beer and enjoy! :D

Bebe Begonia
@bebe-begonia
8 years ago
10 posts

Thank you !!

I somehow doubt I will ever be able to catch the BIG and exotic fish you have! But I'll give it a go :))

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

It's true! I blame absolutely everything on stress & hormones!!

Congratulations on the fishing! You're in for the Bronze now :)

--
8 years ago
112 posts

Congrats - lovely picture ^^

Bebe Begonia
@bebe-begonia
8 years ago
10 posts

And here is Bebe bringing up the rear - It's taking me a bit to figure this all out! (Tat has explained to me the problem.. hormones and something else, I forget! :))

751_discussions.jpg

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Big tuna! Big Sword! Enjoy the Sushi!!

--
8 years ago
112 posts

And this is me making Sushi from my gold winning Tuna!

750_discussions.jpg?width=721

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

That's one BIG tuna :) Congrats!

--
8 years ago
112 posts

Going for Silver

749_discussions.jpg?width=721

Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
8 years ago
264 posts

Thanks :D Patient, also slightly obsessed, and I also cook a lot. There are lots of portable cookers available at the tournaments, and eventually I made my own (happy to show anyone who is interested), but you have to be careful to make clicking on the fishing rod button once it turns green your priority. Period. It takes roughly 30 seconds each throw and it seems like a long time, but if you try to do very much you realize how short a time period it is! Still, lots of fun!

Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
8 years ago
264 posts

My pleasure. I've made some seafood dishes to sell at the Co-op Market, I hope everyone will find them tasty. They have high EP which is great for going on to things which demand more energy like blacksmithing and carpentry.

Also, I AM happy to give tips on tournament fishing. I haven't cracked how to beat the odds/algorithms of distribution - I don't know if anyone has, it comes up now and then in the Tournament group but no clear answers - but there are things you can do to maximize your chances of making your best catch and thus netting treasure - and maybe that big tuna!

8 years ago
112 posts

Congrats. I see your a very patient lady :D

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Excellent! Our first Fishing Gold Award!!

Thanks for your generous donations of fish & seafood. It's given the Hamlet a much more varied menu :)

--
Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
8 years ago
264 posts

I have JUST not been paying attention. I'm afraid I've been too busy fishing!!

Here is my picture for the Bronze. I actually had not caught a beer barrel before I ran out to the tournaments! So I came back home and fished my way through a whole creel until I caught one!

746_discussions.jpg?width=721

For the Silver - I've been kinda crazy about Tournaments, as all my friends (who get variations of "can I IM you back when I'm done fishing?") can attest. They're slightly addicting.

747_discussions.jpg?width=721

I'm not going to lie: I have beginner's luck. It's exhilarating but it doesn't last. I bowled a perfect game the FIRST time I ever bowled and I thought I was brilliant ... I was okay. So ... the first week I participated in tournaments, OF COURSE I won one and took third in another. After two more weeks, I've just gotten a couple of "9" tuna, and nowhere near what's needed. It's all algorithms anyway, but it WAS fun to win. Here is me at the Silver Lining tournament where I placed first on March 12.

748_discussions.jpg

Fishing is a great component of G&S, it gets you going and keeps you fed until you have crops, and even gives you coins to get you into the coin economy and, if you make or buy bait, the means to fish even more effectively. There's really no reason *not* to do it ... though you don't *have* to be as obsessive as I am. >.>

8 years ago
112 posts

Congrats ^^

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Great catch! I've made a few seafood dishes and they're lots of fun to put together. Enjoy!

--
Jane Ixtar
@jane-ixtar
8 years ago
115 posts

745_discussions.png?width=721 Eel is great, a lot of bones though..but the fish chowdermay have some surprises ..

Jane Ixtar
@jane-ixtar
8 years ago
115 posts

Jane just got Silver, she's way more sporting than me.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Thank goodness for that, Jane! With this new project I've found myself using the 3rd person way too often lately :)

--
Jane Ixtar
@jane-ixtar
8 years ago
115 posts

Tat, SL is probably the only place where referring to yourself in the 3rd person will not have you labelled as 'mad' and is the entire point ... ;p

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Have a drink of that Rence Beer (or a Kanda Candy) and I'm sure you'll be fortified! Congrats!!

--
Jane Ixtar
@jane-ixtar
8 years ago
115 posts

744_discussions.png?width=721 There were fish involved ... omg I can hardly move.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

743_discussions.png?width=721

It's actually a bit disconcerting, the detritus that is found in the Queen's Hamlet Pond! Fortunately the fishing is also excellent.

Now that I've gained the Bronze Award I'll have to screw up my courage and try out a Tuna Tournament. I'm expecting Elisabeth to give me lots of tips!!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Bronze it is!!

Great pics though I'm a tad nervous seeing you with that big cleaver. Brava on a job well done :)

--
8 years ago
112 posts

Going for Bronze....

741_discussions.jpg?width=721

Of cause there is blood and guts involved.... 742_discussions.jpg?width=721