Queen's Hamlet
Donate to LHVW

QH We Need a Seafood Packing Strategy!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

Greetings Fellow Fishers!

G&S has recently added a new twist to the roleplay where any edible item caught with a fishing rod is now perishable and must therefore be preserved to prevent spoilage.

This change is going to have some very interesting implications for our roleplay!

Either you cook your catch before it's expiry date or you "pack" it which requires salt (from a salt mine), a container (basket or special box) and a packing table.  This discussion will focus on the packing table(s) and how we might best work together for an optimum packing strategy.

There are seven types of seafood:

• Fish
  • Salmon
  • Tuna
  • Eels
  • Oysters
  • Lobsters
  • Seaweed

A packing table can preserve one type of seafood at a time.  The type can only be changed by the owner of the table and it takes 30 minutes for the table to reset to the new type.  This makes it a bit tricky to preserve your tournament catch before the seafood spoils unless you have seven tables operating at the same time.  As this is a bit of an investment in both L$ and space for one person I was hoping we could come up with a joint solution to spread the load a bit.

The QH Co-op currently owns one packing table which is set to fish.  I was thinking that the Co-op could purchase another table which would rotate the type each day (Monday=Salmon, Tuesday=Tuna, ... Sunday=Request Day).

Now if there are other individuals or groups that would like to get in on the action we could devise a better schedule.  Ultimately if we had a total of seven tables there would be no worries about packing.  Remember, anyone hosting a table would have to allow for group use and rezzing on their land as seafood, salt & containers have to be rezzed.

Questions? Ideas?  Suggestions?  Volunteers?

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 11 Aug 2020 03:57:44AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

One thing I'm curious about is how much fishing is everyone doing?  I know that people were doing tournaments like crazy (and winning too!) but has the excitement dropped off?  Do we need a lot of packing or would two tables used over a week be enough?

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

Many thanks to Hatsuka who purchased a table that is now located in the kitchen area next to the first one.  It's currently set to tuna.

--

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 01 May 2017 03:03:49PM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

Merci beaucoup Una who is setting up a packing table in the kitchen area.  She's setting it to lobster.

Thanks also to everyone for brainstorming this - we're moving right along!

Hatsuka, Una & I have agreed to act as contacts for our tables - so if you need to pack another type of seafood get in touch with one of us and we'll make the change.  Remember it will take 30 minutes after the reset before it can be used.

I'll put up some signs in the kitchen area to remind people who the contacts are.

We could probably place one more table in the kitchen area if anyone is interested in providing one. 

Thanks!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

Here's the current setup.  I've added signs that indicate if table owner is online.  Touch the sign to message that person and/or view their profile.

QH Seafood Packing Tables 01.png

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

We've added another table so our total is now four.  In order (left to right) they are currently set to:

• Fish
  • Lobster
  • Tuna
  • Salmon

Table owners may be contacted to reset to another type of seafood.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

Woohoo! Thanks to Elisabeth we've added a fifth table so I believe our set is complete.

Now let's get fishing!

--