Donate to LHVW

Fisher of the Month Challenge

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
6 years ago
1,894 posts

display_image.jpg

Let’s put the fun back in fishing!

Now that the QH Co-op is back up-and-running, I’ve been racking my brain for ideas that would put some sparkle back into our rather lackluster fishing activities.  Here’s what I came up with.

For the month of November challenge points can be accumulated as follows:

ONE point for each piece of seafood caught.  Seafood includes (Eel, Lobster, Oyster, Salmon & Seaweed)

ONE point for each kilogram of Tuna caught.

Note that no points are awarded for Fish or non-seafood items such as baskets of gold.

Example:  I spend the afternoon fishing and catch an eel, three salmon, a 5kg Tuna, thirty fish and a secret bottle.  Total points accumulated for the afternoon is nine.

As we’ll be working on the honour system, i.e. no fish inspectors will be coming by to access your catch.  please post your daily catch totals along with the monthly tally to-date here.  Stories about your fishing adventures are most welcome!

The winner will get a lovely trophy and, more important, bragging rights as “Fisher of the Month of November”.

What should you do with your catch?

Honestly that's up to you but if you're looking for some ideas ...

Cook it:  Popular dishes include, Cooked Lobster, Lobster w Oysters (secret) and Sushi but there are scads of other ones.

Sell it Fresh:  I have prepared a set of basic vendor boxes (included in the information signs inworld) that can be used for the seafood.  You are more than welcome to use your own vendors if you like.  Put your seafood up for sale and announce it so that it in Here’s What’s New in the Market so that it can be purchased before it spoils.

Package it:  Seafood packing tables are readily available, and salt is now being sold in the Market to make preserving easier.

Most of all, HAVE FUN!!

Questions, comments, ideas, post them here along with your tallies & stories.

Artwork: François Bocion (1828 to 1890)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 15 Nov 2018 01:54:17PM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
6 years ago
1,894 posts

TatianaDokuchic-Fishing Challenge 01.png

NOV 1st: Every the keener, I grabbed my gear and headed out to a brand-new (to me anyway) fishing spot. 

The location was lovely but I should have known something was up when it turned out that I was the only one there.  Hmmmm .... My first session was rudely interrupted by a rather extended fainting spell (aka SL DDOS attack) and it took a while for me to stagger back to the pier and retrieve my basket of bait.

The second session was much more enjoyable.  Still fishing solo, with a well-behaved cat to keep me company, I had one of those fishing experience that makes you want to keep going indefinitely.  Fortunately I have a hard limit of 100 casts (one basket of bait) per session or I'd still be sitting there.  As it was, I was able to walk away happy.

TatianaDokuchicFishing Challenge 02.png

Today's tally: Eel (1), Lobster (3), Oyster (1), Salmon (2), Seaweed (3), Tuna (6+5), Fish (56) and one basket of gold.

Today's tally (updated):  Eel (3), Lobster (5), Oyster (1), Salmon (2), Seaweed (4), Tuna (6+5+5), Fish (100), two baskets of gold, two boxes of branches, two secret bottles.

Today's Points: 31

Month's Points: 31

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 01 Nov 2018 03:42:22PM
ardrhys
@ardrhys
6 years ago
16 posts

1st Nov

I tried two different spots as the first was busy and had a poor bite rate. The second was very quiet and the fish much hungrier .

First:

Lobster
Salmon x 2
Seaweed
Eel
Oyster

Gold Basket
Book Bottle
Fish x 30

Points = 6

Second:

Seaweed x 3
Tuna x 5 + Tuna x 4
Oyster x 2

Fish x 40

Points = 14

Running Total = 20

Bessie Hull
@satoharu-nakamura
6 years ago
41 posts

Fishing at peaceful open market_001.png

After a bit of crafting at the farm, I tried a bit of fishing at the Peaceful Ocean Market, a location hosting a tournament for the next 2 and a half days.

I caught 6 fish, turned all into chowder, and got a box of branches.

Zero points so far, and 8 branches I don't know what to do with. Are those used with the new grapevines?

Attempt 1 is a bit of a bust, but the month is still young.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
6 years ago
1,894 posts

Hatsuka

Zero points so far, and 8 branches I don't know what to do with. Are those used with the new grapevines?

Attempt 1 is a bit of a bust, but the month is still young.

Wishing you better luck on your next fishing trip!

Yes, those branches can be used to grow grapevines.  You place four of them in a propagator and after 24 hours a cutting comes out.  This cutting can then be planted in a vineyard.  The trick is that until you place a branch in the propagator you have no idea what it's genetics are AND you have no idea how they are going to combine with the other branches in the propagator to make the cutting.  It's all just a surprise!!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
6 years ago
1,894 posts

Had a busy morning of chores (many baby goats to be birthed) and baking (who can resist that chocolate!) so I didn't get fishing until late afternoon.  Tried out the Green Valley Farm  which was surprisingly snowy with not much green at all.  Go figure!  They do give out lovely gifts including free bait AND a Fishing Mat that lets you load different food items for cooking.  It also includes a seat and spots for snacks and bait.  Quite a lovely idea :)

Today's tally:  Eel (), Lobster (), Oyster (1), Salmon (1), Seaweed (), Tuna (4), Fish (28)

Overall tally:  Eel (3), Lobster (5), Oyster (2), Salmon (3), Seaweed (4), Tuna (20), Fish (128)

Month's Points: 37

--

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 03 Nov 2018 03:04:26PM
Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
6 years ago
14 posts

Worked yesterday and today some hours while listening to old mucic so my youth came to life again. I also cought some things that give points.

Lobster 6

Tuna 15

Salmon 5

Seaweed 2

Eel 9

Oyster 5

Monthly points so far 42

Dont count the fish to many about 200 4 baskets gold and 7 tea (maybe left from the Boston Tea party) and 3 bottles with recepes

So that was it for this day and yesterday.

updated by @stangbo-humlan: 03 Nov 2018 02:49:54PM
ardrhys
@ardrhys
6 years ago
16 posts

4th Nov

1st 100 casts:

Eel
Seaweed
Lobster
Salmon

Gold Basket
Fish x 38

Points = 4

2nd 100 casts:

Oyster
Salmon
Lobster
Eel
Tuna x 9 (9.647 - currently first place & fingers crossed)

Gold Basket
Fish x 40

Points = 13

Total for the day = 17

Monthly Total = 37

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
6 years ago
1,894 posts

Congrats on the huge tuna, Ardrhys.  Hope you take home the big prize!

--
Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
6 years ago
14 posts

Today i was lucky as well got 3 tunas a 5 a 7 and a 9 tuna together there were

20 tunas coming out. https://gyazo.com/a2a737dd5e3957df4a6b2a173e814547 My tuna is on 1st place as well will see how long.

And 1 lobster

2 salmon

1 seaweed

together todays points are 24 My total so far is 66

1 bottle 3 teaboxes and lots of fishes again.

Bessie Hull
@satoharu-nakamura
6 years ago
41 posts

Again with the Peaceful Open Market

1 seaweed, 1 salmon, 1 oyster

39 fish

1 Bazi Tea Seeds, 1 gold basket, 4 branches, book bottle (secret of the seas)

That brings my total points to 3.

45 fish in total.

ardrhys
@ardrhys
6 years ago
16 posts

5th Nov

1st 100 casts:

Seaweed x 2
Oyster
Eel
Lobster

Tea Seeds
Book Bottle
Branches
Fish x 37

Total for the day = 5

Monthly Total = 42

But the good news is... I did win the tuna tournament at Eel Bay with yesterday's 9.647 kilogram tuna

Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
6 years ago
14 posts

Got some tuna 5kg, 1 lobster, 1 seaweed, 1 salmon that makes 8 new nice points

all together 74 point so far

Some gold, lots of fishes and one bottle got also stucked in my rodd.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
6 years ago
1,894 posts

Woohoo!  Congratulations on your win, Ardrhys!

Everyone else is looking good.  Looks like we're going to have plenty of seafood to see us through the winter :)

--
Bessie Hull
@satoharu-nakamura
6 years ago
41 posts

I second Tatiana'a congratulations, Ardrhys!

ardrhys
@ardrhys
6 years ago
16 posts

Thank-you both. Of course, things plummeted straight downhill from there:

8th Nov

1st 100 casts:

Oyster

Gold Basket x 3
Book Bottle
Branches x 2
Fish x 36

Points = 1

2nd 100 casts:

Oyster
Salmon
Lobster
Eel

Branches
Fish x 27

Points = 4

Monthly Total = 47

Oh well! Plenty of the month left yet;-)

Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
6 years ago
14 posts

The last 3 days i cought some more fishes gold and tea. But whats important for this event is the other things i cought: 19 tunas 4 salmons 4 oysters 4 eels, 2 lobsters, 1 seaweed that makes 34 new nice points and together for this months so far: 108 points

ardrhys
@ardrhys
6 years ago
16 posts

Well done! Where did you buy that tuna magnet?

Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
6 years ago
14 posts

Now i have fished again some days in a row and cought some things that are needed and some other things. This time i cought:

5 tuna, 7 salmon, 2 eel, 3 oyster, 2 seaweed That makes 19 points addes to the 108 points from before makes: 127 all together so far.

ardrhys
@ardrhys
6 years ago
16 posts

Nov 16th

1st 100 Casts:

Seaweed x 2
Oyster x 2
Salmon

Gold basket
Bazi Tea Seeds
Fish x 31

Points = 5

Monthly Total = 52

Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
6 years ago
14 posts

Since i wrote the last time i was some how lucky again and could some more trashers out off the water. Gold and fishes and bottles and tea. But that doesnt count here. Well i also could persuate some point giving things to hook on my rod: 23 tunas, 1 eel, 3 lobsters, 2 salmons, 2 seaweed, 2 oysters. 33 points

Togehther for the whole month that will be: 160

Bessie Hull
@satoharu-nakamura
6 years ago
41 posts

Today I cast my hook into the waters of Nuna Bay

2 tuna, a 3 pounder and a 7 pounder

1 eel

1 salmon

1 lobster

2 boxes of bazi tea, 4 branches, 2 baskets of gold ore

28 fish

That adds 13 points to my total. Paltry compared to others this month, but I am for now in 1st place in the tournament at Nuna Bay.

Monthly total: 16

ardrhys
@ardrhys
6 years ago
16 posts

Well done! Fingers crossed you are still there at the end.

Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
6 years ago
14 posts

So the last time i report some things i cought. 4 Lobsters, 8 Tunas, 2 Salmon, 2 seaweed, 2 oysters, and lots of things that dont count. 18 points since last time that makes together in this month: 178

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
6 years ago
1,894 posts

Many congratulations go out to our Fisher of the Month of November, Stangbo!

stangbo smed.png

Results are as follows:

• Stangbo: a whopping 178
  • Ardrhys: 52
  • Tatiana: 37
  • Satoharu: 16

Many thanks to everyone that participated.  It was a whale of a time ;)

--
Bessie Hull
@satoharu-nakamura
6 years ago
41 posts

Congratulations, Stangbo. Wow.... You spent a lot of time angling!