Donate to LHVW

Fisher of the Month Challenge April 2019

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,889 posts

display_image.jpg

Let’s put the fun back in fishing!

It's that time again!  Get out your rod & reel and head over to the nearest fishing tournament.

Our last challenge, back in November,  really was a whole lot of fun and I particularly enjoyed all the fish stories that came out of it. Please post your tuna tales again :)

Since the month of April is a bit short I thought we could start today (March 30th) and go until the end of April.  Rules are the same as the last round.  Selling Fresh Seafood has been updated making it easier to earn coins.

For the month of April challenge points can be accumulated as follows:

ONE point for each piece of seafood caught.  Seafood includes (Eel, Lobster, Oyster, Salmon & Seaweed)

ONE point for each kilogram of Tuna caught.

Note that no points are awarded for Fish or non-seafood items such as baskets of gold.

Example:  I spend the afternoon fishing and catch an eel, three salmon, a 5 kg Tuna, thirty fish and a secret bottle.  Total points accumulated for the afternoon is nine.

As we’ll be working on the honour system, i.e. no fish inspectors will be coming by to access your catch.  please post your daily catch totals along with the monthly tally to-date here.  Stories about your fishing adventures are most welcome!

The winner will get a lovely trophy and, more important, bragging rights as “Fisher of the Month of April”.

What should you do with your catch?

Honestly that's up to you but if you're looking for some ideas ...

Cook it:  Popular dishes include, Cooked Lobster, Lobster w Oysters (secret) and Sushi but there are scads of other ones.

Sell it Fresh: The QH Co-op can always use more seafood.  See QH Seafood Market  for information on selling your fresh catch.

Package it:  Seafood packing tables are readily available, and salt is now being sold in the Market to make preserving easier.

Most of all, HAVE FUN!!

Questions, comments, ideas, post them here along with your tallies & stories.

Artwork: François Bocion (1828 to 1890)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 01 Apr 2019 03:37:50PM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,889 posts

See you on the docks!

TatianaDokuchicFishing 190330.png

Made my first attempt at the Country Coffee House .  The venue is beautiful and not a lot of lag.  To find the fishing hole you have to walk out the backdoor of the cafe and head through the woods.

Caught a ton of fish, a box of tea seeds, and a basket of gold.  No luck with seafood so zero points to start with.

ETA: After a long, grueling session I'm on the board with two points.  One oyster & one salmon.  Again I caught a ton of fish and a box of tea seeds.  In the end I basically had to jump in the lake and club the seafood with my rod!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 30 Mar 2019 01:52:23PM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,889 posts

TatianaDokuchicFishing 190331.png

One lobster, one seaweed and a 4 tuna.  I also started a up a tentative friendship with a HUGE tuna I'll call Earl.  Earl would come to the dock to get his head scratched, I kid you not!  I like to think he was being friendly but he was probably just taunting me.

Running total: 8

--

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 31 Mar 2019 04:40:59PM
Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
5 years ago
58 posts

Are you sure that was just a tuna??  O.O

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,889 posts

Una Lunaqat:

Are you sure that was just a tuna??  O.O

Good point!  I have to confess that I'm not 100% certain.  It kept swimming up to the dock, staring me in the eye and showing me it's teeth.  Unfortunately I was too flustered to get a better picture, perhaps later today I will have better luck. :)

--
Abbondio Rezzonico
@abbondio-rezzonico
5 years ago
39 posts

So this would bring me to 16 points

1 eel, 3 lobsters, 3 oysters, 2 salmons, 2 seaweed and a 5 kg tuna....
- That, and one box of absolute firewood... :(

--
Abbondio Rezzonico
Banker, Merchant & Vintner
@ Rocca Sorrentina

updated by @abbondio-rezzonico: 08 Apr 2019 02:21:27PM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,889 posts

Sixteen points it is, Abbondio!  Sorry about the firewood.  I can relate :(

--
ardrhys
@ardrhys
5 years ago
16 posts

I have only managed one session so far this month:

Tuna 6Kg

Lobster x 2

Salmon

Eel

I believe this gives me a total of 10

Fingers crossed more leisure time presents itself!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,889 posts

Glad to see you took a bit of time away from the forge, Arhrhys!  We've still got a few weeks to go so hopefully we all will have more leisure time :)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,889 posts

And the winner is … Abbondio!

Congratulations!  The Queen's messenger will be delivering your trophy :)

--
Abbondio Rezzonico
@abbondio-rezzonico
5 years ago
39 posts

Oh, that is a nice surprise. I had thought someone would surpass my score, but not that there would be a trophy attached.  Do feel a tad guilty now, because my fishing is mostly done when new flavours for the vines are released; for the sake of the new fishing ploy I shall try to make an effort in fishing for more recreational purposes too. And also because our bank is very much enjoying a good deal of purpose in the whole QH fishing enterprise

--
Abbondio Rezzonico
Banker, Merchant & Vintner
@ Rocca Sorrentina