Living History
Donate to LHVW

International Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

Avast, Ye Mateys!

In honour of International Talk Like a Pirate Day (September 19 2015), I thought it would be fun to share stories, photos etc. of our pirate related adventures both past and present.

I'll be digging through my photo archives for some additions and may even pose for a few new glamour shots ;)

You can also check out The Pirate Name Generator

As fate would have it, mine's Cap'n Jasmine Dullblade, not too flattering but I'm guessing it could be a lot worse!

Have fun!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Jan 2017 02:21:59AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

LOL - I'm guessing that whatever name you use the result won't be very complimentary - funny though :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Ekaterina Petrovna Shuvalova
@countess-shuvalova
9 years ago
209 posts

This is fun! My RL name would be Leprous Caroline Smithe, while my second life name would be Pirate Xena the Swollen. Compared to Adrien, I came off well

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

Too funny! I'm not feeling so bad about being "Dullblade" now ;)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

3455_discussions.png?width=721

Seamus Gabardini is one of the best pirates ... erm Captain's ...I have ever encountered in SL. He lived the role accompanied by his trusty German Shepherd & Parrot (and if memory serves me correctly there was a mule named Norma? as well).

I like to think he's still sailing the seas & enjoying life's many adventures.

Fair winds Captain!

--
Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

"Shark Balls" Roberta Hawkin

3456_discussions.png?width=721 Not sure what else to write, but I will make this face again at the Pirate Name ~ ROFL)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

So appropriate, Leena! So what's your pirate name? You can tell us, don't be shy ;)

--
Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

Haa haaaaa oops my secret name is out! ROFL

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

Ohhhh dear, ROFL! How could I have missed that? I think my brain just filtered it out (the first time I saw it) for some reason ;)

--
Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

On this, International Speak Like a Pirate day, We who are in the service of his most Britannic Majesty, Good King George the III, in his Royal Navy and Marines would like to give our most hart felt thank's to all you Pirates, Scoundrels, Buccaneers, and so called Privateers, who chosen this day to make our task easier, of maintaining the rule of Law and of order and making the Sea lanes safe, by opening reveling yourself to the world. Due to the large numbers, and our wish to give each and every one of you the Personal service you duly deserve, we have started to take down names, and we assure you that you have not been forgotten, nor are you ignored and that shortly a friendly square of well armed Royal Marines will soon pay you a visit.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

Drat!! Didn't see that coming ......

((too funny))

ETA: OMG maybe Dullblade is an appropriate name for me :(

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

3457_discussions.png?width=721

The Varriale Sisters back in their (slightly) younger years when they attended a number of pirate sponsored events. One thing about pirates, they really know how to have a good time!

As a side note, Skye was always a bit of a "stickler" with that sword so I'm atad scared to ask her what her pirate name is ;)

--

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 27 Oct 2016 10:28:15AM
Skye Varriale
@skye-varriale
9 years ago
96 posts

My name be Sword-Jugglin' Brandy Vine....;)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

See ... see ... I TOLD YOU she really likes her sword!!

--
Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
9 years ago
204 posts

3458_discussions.bmp?width=721 Had no success in locating a picture of Pirate Candace, but I did find one of a little acquaintance of mine from when I lived in swamp country. As for my piratename through the generator link ... Dispeptic Caroline Dread !!

Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

BTW, this is also the first day of Oktoberfest. So, Visions of Pirates in Lederhosen doing the Polka pop in to my head.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

Too cute, Candace!

I've been looking through my old pirate pictures to see if I could find you. I'm hampered by the fact that they were taken awhile back and so I don't necessarilyrecognize the people.

If I have time, I'll post a small collage & perhaps you'll turn up there.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

((shivers at the thought)) ... pass that beer stein over here, Curtis!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

3459_discussions.png?width=721 More Pirate Pics from days gone by.

I can identify about half of these people; the other half, not so much, so please tag those you know. Let's show those pesky "Royal Marines" that we're not afraid to show some pirate spirit!!

Candace, are you in there somewhere?

--
Capt. Lucerius Zeffirelli
@capt-lucerius-zeffirelli
9 years ago
14 posts

Yarr, as a sailor myself, I couldn't resist responding to this thread, so here goes... when entering "Lucerius Zeffirelli, I got:

Cap'n Sully Rotmeat

*LOL* Kind of has a nice ring to it though. :D

3460_discussions.png?width=721

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

A lady never tells, even a pirate one! LOLOL

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

Looking good, Cap'n!

((snickers ... Rotmeat ...))

--
Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
9 years ago
204 posts

No Tatiana, but ifI were, I would be in good company!

Sir Thomas Cave
@sir-thomas-cave
9 years ago
145 posts

I like my name a lot! Cap'n Jude Firebeard. Sounds like an angry sailor from Harry Potter . In spirit of the Pirate post, Adrien (Nazeem Resident) and I went out to go pillage and seize gold! Somehow, it was a lot warmer than I expected.

3461_discussions.png?width=721

Captain Jude Firebeardand Pirate Louis the Malformed. :-D

Sir Thomas Cave
@sir-thomas-cave
9 years ago
145 posts

Better question mssr, how are you deformed, or how did you get that way!

Kristianna Fotherington
@kristianna-fotherington
9 years ago
25 posts

Ohhh it indeed COULD be a lot worse. I'm "Noseless Azriel Scabb"... That's worse even than Louis the Malformed!

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
9 years ago
359 posts

Using my real name I get Cap'n Brit Knocknees; using my SL name I get Stutterin' Augusta Grimm. I'm not sure how well Stutterin' Augusta will work if someone needs to get my attention in the heat of battle or a force 10 gale! And Knocknees isn't good - hard to do a good hornpipe if your knees aren't properly aligned.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

Now I know where those odd looking marks in the dust on top of the fireplace came from! Ahoy!!

I would thank you both to return your pillaged items by midnight tonight. No excuses about how nasty your pirate ship is!

P.S. Cap'n Jude Firebeard is the best name I've heard so far. Who'd you bribe to get it; asking for a friend?

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

Yep, that's a tough one.

The name Azriel/Azrael is the traditional name of the angel of death in many religions. I do not recommend anyone naming their child after the name of the angel of death.

Source

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

On the bright side, Knocknees at least is a captain. Stutterin' Augusta is just, well, grim ;)

--