Living History
Donate to LHVW

Going Home

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
7 years ago
252 posts

Greetings

A few years ago I moved into Buckingham Palace to dedicate my time to the construction of the palace.  Now that the Palace is mostly done, mostly being the key word, it is time to return to my home.  The remainder of the construction will be finished with the same dedication as the rest, but i will commute to work.  Prince George will be happy to have his "some what drunk" and "constant whiner" Uncle Jacon out of his home and the saw dust off the floors.

With that said, it is with great pleasure that I announce my return to my beloved home, Chateau de Clagny.  Many may remember this Chateau and the beautiful gardens that surround it.  No words can describe the joy and happiness that the return of this Chateau brings to me.  

Work has begun to uncover the furniture, polish the floors and dust the chandeliers to prepare for it to take its place as a royal household.  The grandeur of this amazing Chateau shines bright in the forests of the Antiquity Region, Le Royaume de France. 

I would like to take a moment to give my un endless gratitude to my dear Cousin,  His Majesty, Louis Francis de Beauharnois, King of Florin, for his amazing gift to me of Chateau de Clagny.  This Chateau, has a special place in my heart, as Cousin Louis built it for me, so that we could be neighbors.  The work on the construction and textures of the palace are of exceptional quality.  It is really an amazing build and Antiquity and Second Life as a whole are richer for its return.  Thank you so much Cousin, you do not know how happy you have made me.  If you have not see the amazing work of His Majesty King Louis, please look here now and hold your jaw.

Kingdom of Florin

Most of the first floor and all the gardens of Chateau de Clagny are open to the public.  There are a few private apartments that should not be entered.  Visitors are welcome, but please keep in mind that we are still preparing the Chateau.  

We have more news coming out of our "Bath England" project that will be released very soon, so please stay tuned.

If you have never visited Chateau de Clagny, I will post some photos shortly.

I look forward to Clagny working into the rotation of prime roleplay locations in SL.  Together with other great estates represented here on LHVW, there are some amazing homes, manors and palaces we have at our disposal to utilize for fun. It is my hope that we can meet soon and discuss ways at expanding cross estate roleplay and see if we can strengthen our period community so we can start growing our ranks again.  Also, working with everyone to create a tour of the locations within our estates that have historical significance.  Based on a RL historical event or historical buildings.  I mentioned to my Admins, I do not want Antiquity to be just another pretty face.  Yes I want it to be beautiful and alive, vibrant, but I also want it to be deep, and have substance underneath all the physical beauty.  All the regions and estates, great houses, manor and palaces of LHVW are not only beautiful, but they serve to help educate people on customs and dress of some really trans formative eras for fashion, art, politics, science and architecture.

Thank you all again ...and now I am off to keep dusting...:)))

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
7 years ago
359 posts

I must say, Prince Jacon, that if your nephew George takes issue with your drinking, it is yet one more example of His Royal Highness as the much-burned pot, calling the kettle black after a minor delay in its scrubbing. You do not need such an excuse in order to move back to the baroque gem that is Clagny!

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
7 years ago
252 posts

Yes, I did find my dear nephews gentle comments rich, even though most of the time he is sitting behind a glass of wine the size of a small bucket

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB