Living History
Donate to LHVW

To Walk Invisible The Brontë Sisters

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,889 posts

Ever since they were revealed to the world as quaint country-women, the Brontë sisters have fascinated legions of devoted readers. MASTERPIECE brings these remarkable literary geniuses to life with a beautifully filmed and acted two-hour drama, To Walk Invisible The Brontë Sisters .

I've been waiting for this to come to North America!  Starts March 26, 2017.

Has anyone seen it?

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,889 posts

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”
― Charlotte Brontë

#InternationalWomensDay

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
7 years ago
359 posts

Masterpiece is one of my best reasons for being a cable TV subscriber!

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Merry Chase
@merry-chase
7 years ago
154 posts

I'm so excited about this. 

Merry Chase
@merry-chase
7 years ago
154 posts

Just watched it and I very much enjoyed it, although I do wish a little attention had been paid to Anne's feminism. 

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,889 posts

Good to know, Merry.  I have it recorded but haven't had the chance to see it yet.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,889 posts

Really enjoyed this!

The atmosphere was fantastic; the dogs, the mud on the horses, the rough tile floors, the dirty baseboards, the high gloss paint on the dented woodwork - I could go on and on ...

I'm going to have to watch this again because while I was distracted by the scenery I missed some of the dialog (it also took a bit of time to adjust my ear to the accents) and then I realized that large parts of the Bronte history were being revealed in quick conversations, almost thrown away as it were.  Next time through I'll try to pay more attention.

@merry-chase I wonder if they ignored Anne's feminism because it wasn't thought of as such at the time?  I understand that Charlotte had a few issues with Anne's writing and ended up suppressing it so that it wasn't until fairly recently that it has been recognized.  An interesting topic.

For those that haven't seen this, I highly recommend it.  I believe that there are youtube versions available if you go searching for them.

--