Living History
Donate to LHVW

New & Improved in Second Life

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,895 posts

LL has been coming out with a number of improvements which I'm taking as a positive sign for SL's future.  Just the fact that they're willing to tackle these projects makes me optimistic (besides it's spring in my part of the world and spring always makes me happier).

Anyway, I thought I'd start a discussion to help spread the joy and to see what you think!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,895 posts

The Second Life Community has gotten a facelift.  I'm quite enjoying the new Forums and the ability to filter what you want to see through Activity is VERY useful.

On the previous Forum, I mostly lurked when I bothered to go over there at all.  I think I'll be using these more.

Check out Things to like about the new Forum  for more positive reinforcement :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,895 posts

Improved Region Capacity and Access  was a pleasant surprise.  I like that Region Owners & Estate Managers will always be allowed in and though the increased capacity is only for Premium Members it's better than nothing.

--
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
7 years ago
359 posts

More capacity has certainly been my favourite improvement. Of course, once I've finished naturalizing the forest floor, I'll be greedy for more...

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,895 posts

Personalizing Your Place Page is Now Available to all Landowners!

Place Pages are Linden-hosted web pages every SL location listed in Search, which landowners can customize and make their own. These pages make it easier to discover great places in SL and give Residents another way to promote their destinations.

I quite like the new Place Pages, so much so that I was inspired to start filling mine in (and that's saying a lot).  I'm anxious to see how these pages are connected to SL Search etc. so that they're easily found.

Has anyone else tried them out?

@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi  I hear you!  I'm always greedy for more :)

--
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
7 years ago
359 posts

Not yet, but I will.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,895 posts

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi:

Not yet, but I will.

Good for you!  I'm actually finding it a really good exercise in organization.  It's great to see all my regions & parcels in one spot so that I can evaluate what's still working and what needs improvement.  I tend to lose sight of things, especially as the years roll by.

Place Pages aren't perfect but LL has made a good start.  For more community discussion see  Check out the Place Pages Beta!  or you can see all the Jira's Filed  for bugs & improvements.

--