Living History
Donate to LHVW

Adventures of an Earth Day Tree

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

In celebration of Earth Day 2017, a happy little story of an Earth Day tree. It started out as a scrawny seedling not much bigger than my thumb.  I was on my way to a meeting when I stumbled upon it nestled amongst its fellow at an Earth Day Expo held in the building's lobby. It didn't look very promising, a miniature Charlie Brown's Christmas tree comes to mind, but it was free so I tucked it into my purse and continued on my way.

It sat on my kitchen counter seemingly content to wait until I found a spot for it.  Given its size I didn't think it would stand a chance in my yard especially with three energetic dogs running around so I procrastinated.

Read more ...

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

Happy Earth Day 2017!  Did you do anything to celebrate?

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
7 years ago
359 posts

Forwarded facebook posts in support of the marches in support of science and fact-based policy-making, mostly - and gave my son a graphic demonstration of how many drink cans he's cluttering the world with (not counting those that don't end up in our recycling bin - quite appalling enough, I hope.)

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

Good for you, Tia.  I'm also a big supporter of science & fact-based policy-making which is one of the reasons that the Harper government drove me crazy and don't get me started about things in the US ... backs away quickly from political discussion ...

--