Living History
Donate to LHVW

World Ballet Day Live: Now Archived!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,889 posts

This is what I'll be doing today!

World Ballet Day LIVE returns October 1. Following last years unprecedented success, World Ballet Day will once again see the collaboration of The Australian Ballet, Bolshoi Ballet, The Royal Ballet, The National Ballet of Canada and San Francisco Ballet. The 23-hour live stream on worldballetday.com will provide viewers around the world with an inside look at five of the worlds leading ballet companies.

See the live archive feed at: World Ballet Day Feed

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 27 Oct 2016 10:29:28AM
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
9 years ago
359 posts

Thank you! I just spent a pleasant moment watching a couple of danseurs with the National Ballet of Canada whose very fine talents (and very fine legs) I hope to see on stage in the not too distant future.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,889 posts

You're most welcome!

I'm pretending I'm taking the class & brushing up on my French at the same time. I've seen Rex Harrington dance many times so it's great that he's teaching today.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,889 posts

National Ballet of Canada Link

Schedulefor the day (Times are indicated in Eastern Standard Time):

10:00 pm 3:00 am The Australian Ballet
3:00 6:00 am Bolshoi Ballet
6:00 11:00 am The Royal Ballet
11:00 am 4:00 pm The National Ballet of Canada
4:00 9:00 pm San Francisco Ballet

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,889 posts

The day is in the process of being archived so you can see all the companies at your leisure.

I really enjoyed the morning classdone by theNational Ballet of Canadawhich was taught by Rex Harrington. I've seen him dance many times and have a "one degree of separation" with him so it was great to see him teaching.

I also got to pretend (us SLers are nothing if not imaginative) I was taking the class which was great fun :)

--