Living History
Donate to LHVW

Inara Pey's "Living in a Modemworld" gives DECADES and NING thumbs up!

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Her's is one of the few blogs I try not to ever miss..She paid the sim an extended visit and here's the result just posted.

https://modemworld.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/celebrating-historical-communities-in-second-life/

Inara Pey's "Living in a Modemworld"

updated by @lorsagne-de-sade: 06 Jan 2017 02:21:06AM
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Inara's article listed the names of all of us who created buildings and/or primary exhibits. Totally my fault, two names were ommitted: Cuthbert Helendale's incredible Orient Express andSofia Von Essen's History of Hats from the mid-1500s to the Roaring Twenties.

And her list didn't even begin to count all the content creators who donated objects -- everything from planes to cars to one-of-a-kind chairs. Or the musicians, storytellers and scholars who will provide live entertainment and throughout the day.

A certain national USA politician to popularize the phrase "It takes a village to raise a child." Well, it took the members of Royal Courts to raise a virtual village. Look how many builders of the DECADES Festival region are members of RC

**Aldo Stern

**Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle

Cloee Heslop

Cuthbert Helendale

**Freda Frostbite

Heximer Thane

**LadyFandango

**Lucerius Zeffirelli

**Jacon Cortes de Bexar

**Merrytricks

**Robijn

**Serenek Timeless

**SisterButta

**Sofia Von Essen

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

This is fabulous, great write up and photos :D

Merry Chase
@merry-chase
9 years ago
154 posts

So true, it took a virtual village. And beyond those credited...I might not be the only one who had additional help from friends.

Friends from RC helped me: Claire, Sister, Cara, Sere...and friends who had never before heard of RC: Vittrad, Rickety, Armix, Monty... it's been a great way to make more people aware of history in SL, from behind the festival scenes as well as attending.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Well said....the outreach was and continues to be the best result for all. I heard a good many comments along the lines of "I had NO idea!" (re presence of history projects, regions, etc. in SL)

Total lack of time meant there was no program book for the festival. I would love to get some help putting one together the includes the names of all the builders, content creators, owners who lent their things, performers, artists, etc., etc. that worked to paint the canvas and bring it to life.

I think we would be astonished to see just how big the village is and that we have a foundation to forge more connections. Maybe our 'slogan' should be "it takes a village to make a DECADE" grin