Living History
Donate to LHVW

Embracing Canada's 30x30 Nature Challenge

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,899 posts

Will I become happier & healthier by participating in Canada's 30x30 Nature Challenge ?

Will my well-being be increased by adding a daily dose of nature to my routine?

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that all these good things will indeed be coming my way!

It's not that my crystal ball is extra shiny this spring, it's just that I'm already convinced of the restorative powers of nature. I believe that devoting thirty minutes a day for thirty days will give me a boost and so it will, even if only because of the placebo effect!

That's why this challenge is just so perfect. It gives us all an excuse to prioritize our rendezvous with Mother Nature and even encourages us with Daily Tips like "Find a quiet spot to listen to the birds" .

In fact, this tip and the pre-survey that goes along with the challenge were a bit of an eye-opener for me. Turns out that while I'm already fairly active outdoors, I never take the time to just unwind & enjoy my surroundings.

My "relaxing" hours outdoors for the last two weeks of April totaled zero!

Read more ...

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:28:53AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,899 posts

You don't have to be Canadian to join me in this challenge, just add a daily dose of nature to your routine and reap the benefits!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
10 years ago
204 posts

Thank you for bringing this to my attention Tatiana ~

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
10 years ago
359 posts

Except for two days, April on my chunk of the Canadian prairie did not provide the ambiance needed to relax outdoors. It provided opportunities for snow shovelling - slush shovelling - snow and slush slogging - car window scraping and some ice dam remediation - nothing that I'd call relaxing, really, though there was time outdoors.

Blessed Beltaine, and may May be different!

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,899 posts

You're very welcome, Candace :)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,899 posts

I feel your pain, Tiamat!

It was pretty much the same here in Ottawa until just recently. No wonder I didn't have any relaxing time out in nature for April!

I keep thinking of this picture, posted on the first day of spring by some intrepid family that lives near us

Firstdayofspring2014inCarp.jpg?width=600

Now that the snow & slush have actually gone, I'm determined to get out there & enjoy!!

Photo credits:Sheila Lyttle-Clark (@LittleGoGo)

--
Jane Ixtar
@jane-ixtar
10 years ago
115 posts
Does birdwatching at the Coeur count? Jk but Tatiana, for me it works. I'm going to make an almost concerted effort with this though as it will alleviate the chair stuck to the bottom problem.
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,899 posts

I do so wish I could say that it counted, Jane! It works for me too :)

I also have suffer from "chair stuck to the bottom" and I've found this challenge combined with some spring weather has really helped me get up & out.

You'll have to report back and tell me if it's doing the same for you.

--