Living History
Donate to LHVW

The Governors Cup ~ Memorial Tournament. (In Memory of Antiquity Past)

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
7 years ago
252 posts

Announcing ~ The Governors Cup ~ Memorial Tournament. (In Memory of Antiquity Past)
A fun filled event with multi sim participation. This event will test Equestrians, endurance and speed, with the winner taking away a most handsome reward:
a WH Mesh Ridable Warmblood Bento Horse, a total of 5000 Lindens & the Solid Gold Governors Cup. (Engraved with the Event Name and the Winner's Name)

There are three (3) phases to this event.

PHASE 1 ~ Qualification.
Duration ~ 4 weeks
Day ~ Wed
Dates ~ July 19, 2017 through August 9, 2017
Time ~ 1 pm SL & 6 pm SL
Venue ~ Cross Country Course at Antiquity Britannica

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Antiquity%20Britannica/53/207/22

Rules ~ Simple! Show up, Register & Participate :) And to ensure fair play all participants will be required to use an AKK (Demo provided).
Purse ~ 100 Lindens
Details ~ The winning rider from the weekly qualification race will advance to the Semi Final Steeplechase Cross Country.

==========

PHASE 2 ~ Semi Finals. A multi sim cross country steeplechase.
Duration ~ TBA
Date ~ August 20, 2017
Time ~ 12 SLT
Venue ~ The Kings Forest

The best horse for this phase is the WH Mesh Ridable and there will be a demo available. However participants may use any SL ridable horse.
Purse ~ A Water Horse Mesh Ridable Warmblood Bento Horse & 500 Lindens ea.
Details ~ The first 4 riders to cross the finish line will qualify for the Finals.

==========

PHASE 3 ~ The Finals. A race course competition.
Duration ~ TBA
Date ~ August 27, 2017
Time ~ 12 SLT
Venue ~ The Ascot race course in Britannica, Antiquity

Rules     ~ This event will be run on WH Mesh Warmbloods. Proper Jockey attire required.

Purse ~ 4400 Lindens, and the Governors Cup. (Engraved with the Event Name and the Winner's Name)
Details ~ The winning rider to cross the finish line will be declared the tournament winner.

==========

Details @ a Glance
Type *Equestrian Tournament
Name *The Governors Cup ~ Memorial Tournament.
Patron *H.E Lady Wisdom d'Avi ~ Former Governor of Antiquity Nassau (Oceania)
Purse *5000 Coins (total)
Prize *A Water Horse Mesh Ridable Warmblood Bento Horse
Trophy * The Governors Cup Gold - Customized and Engraved with the Winner's Name

Eligibility *Open to anyone in Antiquity and all SL Equestrians (However must belong to Antiquity Equestrian Group)

Racing Committee *H.G. Princess Pamus Bing,
*H.E. Lady Wisdom d'Avi

Sponsors * H. H. Jacon Cortés de Bexar, Prince of Antiquity
* H. G. Pamus Bing, Princess of Finlanda and Britannica
* H. E. Lady Wisdom d'Avi (Former Governor of Nassau at Antiquity Oceania)

Sanction * Antiquity Equestrians

*Please note participation and contributions, are gratefully welcome, in any form. For example: qualified riders may need a sponsor, or a creative artist may design the riding attire and it has been suggest a betting booth should accompany the event....just to name a few

Race Headquarters = Antiquity Battle Dock - Tortuga Island

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

Sounds like a whole lot of fun!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
7 years ago
252 posts

Ahoy Tatiana...:))   I qualified in yesterdays evening heat, was a lot of fun and the course is challenging.  There are still more chances to qualify to move to the next round.  Do come and try it out...Trophy might look in da Hamlet...*grinz*

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
7 years ago
359 posts

The hedgewitch looks at the trail markers littering the riding trail through her forest, reflects on natural succession, and decides that a few horse-droppings will be an advantage rather than the reverse. Hopefully the badger will stay well back from the path - his stubbornness is legend, but he cannot compete with rapid hooves.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
7 years ago
58 posts

What an enjoyable event!  Though I didn't compete, I had the fun of running the course with a friend, and learning to ride. I do apologize for the damage to the estate foliage, and I hope those walls won't be too hard to repair.  I believe the horse will recover its nerve soon and forgive me, but I had a wonderful time.  Congratulations to all who planned the event, and who participated, and a special cheer to the winners!   

Some pictures:   https://flic.kr/s/aHsm35DsnE

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina

updated by @una-lunaqat: 22 Aug 2017 07:43:59AM