Living History
Donate to LHVW

[update] Rockstar just updated their social media avatars, possibly hinting to a new Red Dead Game!

Leopoldina
@leopoldina
8 years ago
280 posts

I figured I'd post about this since the game in question is set in a historical period. If you haven't played or heard about this series, let me introduce you:

Reddeadredemption_012.jpg

Red Dead Revolver was released in 2004 by Rockstar, a third person shooter game set in the 1880s Wild West. A sequel, Red Dead Redemption (pictured above) was released for the Xbox 360 and PS3 in 2010. This time the game was set in 1911, at the end of the old west.

I haven't played the first one, so I can't give my opinion about it, but I have played Redemption and it is, without a doubt, one of my all time favorite games. The story is great, and the vastness of the open world is amazing. If you own a PS3 or an Xbox 360 you should give it a try!

There has been speculation about a third game in the series for some time now. Possibilities for a new setting varies in online forums, some think a third game would be set during John Marston's (the second game's protagonist) youth in a bandit gang, others suggest it would be a whole new character and setting, following the pattern we have so far, as Redemption is an spiritual successor to Revolver.

Today Rockstar has updated their social media profile images to this, which seems to be a very big hint at a next release in the Red Dead series. Here's hoping we'll be hearing more about it in the coming days, fingers crossed!

Cu5AbBHW8AAKgUx.jpg

pic.twitter.com/BklXMlZ0UQ

— Rockstar Games (@RockstarGames) 16 de outubro de 2016

updated by @leopoldina: 28 Oct 2016 08:15:40PM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Sounds like fun!  You'll have to keep us posted.

I mostly try to stay far, far away from games (I already spend way too much time staring at a screen) but every once in a while I get sucked into one.  Take Skyrim for example ;)

You've just got to love "vast" games!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Leopoldina
@leopoldina
8 years ago
280 posts

I know right? I just love the feeling of being able to get lost and immersed in open world games like that. 

Leopoldina
@leopoldina
8 years ago
280 posts

Update, its pretty much confirmed now! Rockstar just tweeted this:

pic.twitter.com/iuwxwyL2cX

— Rockstar Games (@RockstarGames) 17 de outubro de 2016

reddead.jpg

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Oh cool!

I was thinking about this this morning and it reminded me of the new Westworld HBO series that just came out.  Now that's gaming taken to the ultimate ;)

465_1266x508.jpg

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Time travel & detective work, sounds good Mercury!

I'm with you, old-school, no-console :)

--
Leopoldina
@leopoldina
8 years ago
280 posts

Final confirmation, Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released in 2017, and a trailer is coming up later this week, woot! https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/788363842329903104?lang=pt

Hery Mercury! And yes, I have played L.A. Noire too, it is a fantastic game! The detail on each character's face and expression was impressive. The team that developed it was working on another game set in China, but not related at all to L.A. Noire. Would've loved to see some sequels to it, maybe set in different decades such as the 50s-70s.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Moving this to the brand-new Gaming category :)

--