Living History
Donate to LHVW

Skyrim Special Edition Arrives Tomorrow (Oct 28)

Tatiana Tester
@tatiana-tester
8 years ago
4 posts

So the Skyrim "Special Edition" arrives tomorrow.

Apparently I'll be getting a free upgrade Skyrim Special Edition for Owners of Skyrim and all Add Ons so I'll be checking it out.

How about you?

--
I boldly go where other testers fear to tread no matter how many arrows I might "take to the knee". I am the Dragonborn!

updated by @tatiana-tester: 27 Oct 2016 09:06:03AM
Leopoldina
@leopoldina
8 years ago
280 posts

It looks amazing. I still play Skyrim sometimes, I just love the feeling of getting lost in that game, there's so many things to do in it.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,889 posts

There is!  I spend most of my time wandering around gathering herbs and then making potions.  That is when I'm not building another house.  I think I'm only about 50% through the main quest so here's another opportunity to get some more done.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,889 posts

Dragonballs: Modded Original Skyrim Saves Won’t Work In Skyrim Special Edition

This is all very unfortunate, though in my case it’s not entirely a bad thing. I loaded up my last savegame, from February 2013, in Skyrim original, and had absolutely no idea where I was, what I was doing and, most of all, whatever it was I had cared about. My best bet of enjoying Skyrim again is to start afresh, not to try and commune with my past self. I’d love to have the choice at least, mind you – let’s hope something impossible does happen.

I fired up Skyrim SE over the weekend and made a fresh start.  As mentioned above, I too had no idea "what I had cared about" so this was a chance for a new adventure.

This time around I'm using an Xbox One Wireless Controller on my PC which makes a huge difference.  It's also grand that my current machine is much better than the one I started playing Skyrim on in 2011.

Also, I'm a bit wiser in the world of Skyrim where experience really does pay off.

I'm having a grand time even though I'm just at Level 3 so far and I figure that by the time the new mods really start coming out I'll be ready to add them. 

Has anyone else given it a whirl?

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site