Living History
Donate to LHVW

Second Life: New & Cool Developments

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Post the latest developments in Second Life whether they're new, cool, or just plain silly.  It's all good! :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 30 Oct 2016 08:06:47AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

This sounds interesting!

A New Perspective on Second Life

A New Perspective on Second Life.jpg

If pictures are worth a thousand words, 360 degree images must be worth millions. That’s why we decided to develop a feature called 360 Snapshots that will make it easy to capture and share 360º images from Second Life. Check out some of these samples !

Available now as a Project Viewer, this is a new way to capture these amazing images all in a single click. At the moment, you will need to host these images on a web server to view or share. Instructions on where to get the Project Viewer and how to help and provide feedback are on the wiki .

This great new feature is not yet complete; there are known issues with the image quality and we have not yet added support for directly sharing images from the Viewer - never fear, we're working on all of that. We’re sharing and hoping all of you will check this Viewer out and report any issues you may encounter. We can’t wait to see your 360 showcase!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

From the lovely Strawberry Singh more news on the Bento Project.  Soon we'll all literally be pointing fingers or beckoning ;)

Vista Animations Bento ProHands & Drax Files Episode!

--

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 30 Oct 2016 08:05:48AM
Zed Tremont
@zed-tremont
8 years ago
14 posts

Thank you for sharing this info Tatiana, both tools are wonderful.

Been following the Bento project for quite some time now with great interest. The supreme goal always has been to make animation as we need them. Only I refused as long as an eating animation looked more as slapping the food on your face and smearing it around with a flat hand lol. Hands and facial animations are extremely important, they had to be alive too. Got the tools to do it, now need to find the time to do more study work. I know I'm sometimes a bit too critical but remarked that something weird happened with the rig on the back of the hand. Wonder if this is due to sl and if this can't be improved.

Anyway, extremely glad that this and a wealth of other things can be done now.

Thanks also for the 360 degrees link, didn't hear about this one.

Leopoldina
@leopoldina
8 years ago
280 posts

Thanks for posting those Tat! I can't wait to take 360 pictures of my projects! I follow Strawberry's blog and feed, her posts are great! This is another one of her videos involving the Bento project, showing the possibilities for new mesh heads. I've tried it in world, it's very fun!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Thanks for the "Mesh Head" info, Leopoldina!

One of the best things for me about all this "new & cool" stuff is that LL is still working to keep SL relevant.  I didn't know if they would, with Sansar on the horizon so I'm always glad to see something interesting.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Second Life Mainland LI / prim allowance increase

The forums  in Second Life and elsewhere were agog on Tuesday, November 1st when Mainland users started noticing something amiss following the weekly Main (SLS) channel deployment and restart.

Region Land Impact / prim allowances for Mainland regions on the SLS channel had all increased!

Please, please, please do this for private regions as well!!!

--