Living History
Donate to LHVW

Important: verifying your e-mail address with Second life

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,889 posts

Important: verifying your e-mail address with Second life

the Lab recently introduced e-mail verification. When you sign-up to Second Life, the e-mail account provided will receive a request to verify it (the usual click-on-the-link approach); if you change the e-mail address, you will receive a similar verification request.

In addition, there is also an option within the Change Email Settings of your Second Life dashboard where you can have your e-mail verified without having to change your e-mail address.

This is important because, starting in the very near future, the Lab will be making changes to their e-mail service which will eventually mean that outgoing e-mails will not be sent to any unverified e-mail addresses.

Many thanks to Inara for this information.  I just verified my own email :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 28 Jan 2017 01:41:10PM
Leopoldina
@leopoldina
7 years ago
280 posts

This is SO important. I had a huge scare with my yahoo email last year. Sometime along the way it change its url (lost its '.br' ending, while requiring the old url for login) and so suddenly my email didn't exist. I got locked out of my tumblr (which is owned by yahoo) account because of it, and only got it back after days and many attempts to explain their support my situation.