Living History
Donate to LHVW

Antiquity Imperilled, Delightfully.

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
6 years ago
359 posts

As October moves on, strange things are happening in Antiquity's streets and harbours - not quite as widespread as in some past years, but perhaps more disturbing where they are erupting.

Argyle has been invaded by a host of truly ghastly presences who seem mostly to have been pirates in their lifetimes ("lifetime" seems not to be the word to apply to them now.) Rumour has it that the Argyle haunting has been deemed one of SL's best, though perhaps "worst" would more accurately describe the incursion. 

The streets of Bath filled first with bats and are now attracting a growing host of less welcome phenomena. Be especially careful in the street between St. Martins Church and the Francis Hotel - but be alert for possible unpleasantness wherever you go.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
6 years ago
1,889 posts

Ohhhhh … sounds delightfully disturbing.  Perhaps some brave soul will post a "painting" or two.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
6 years ago
58 posts

Oh good heavens.  How dreadful!  I am very relieved this unpleasant turn occurred after our stay.  I do hope you will all be safe.   I must confess concern however, that occasionally I hear what sounds like murmurs near my farm. Hollow, distant sounds I have tried to ignore.  You don't suppose anything has ... perhaps ... followed us ... to France.   Oh dear!  I must speak to Ardrhys ...

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina
6 years ago
359 posts

I think we have discovered far more than we wanted to about the Roman history of our beloved baths.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
6 years ago
1,889 posts

I haven't done an official role call to see if all of us made it through last night safely but I'm guessing most of us did.  I purposely avoided checking out the caves under Una's farm … hollow, distant sounds … shivers …  Perhaps now that Hallowe'en is over I will gather up my courage and take a look.  Last I heard I band of undesirables were camping out it the little cave ...

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
6 years ago
359 posts

Beatrix and I both had shocking problems with logging on and crashing, apparently in connection with grid issues, so we did not, in the end, have our annual Samhain circle. Otherwise, we seem to have survived.

I look forward to learning more about the situation in Una's caves. I hope it proves less than grim.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
6 years ago
1,889 posts

Sorry you missed your annual Samhain circle, Tiamat.  It's unfortunate SL was under attack that day :(

--
Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
6 years ago
58 posts

I feel I can finally breath a sigh of relief now that the season of gray spooks and dark creeping shadows recedes, and the warm cheerful colors of autumn settle in.  How nice to once again hear only the clang of the forge and the baa-ing of the goats. Back to the hustle of bustle of Hamlet business.

The printer has delivered the new D'Qat Sea View Farm crate labels, and the carpenter is delivering our crates. We look forward to getting our products to market!

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina