Living History
Donate to LHVW

Trade Network?

ComtesseDuMarais
@comtessedumarais
6 years ago
2 posts

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Second Life and a resident in Magritte. We use the G&S system and have a lovely market. Are their other active groups that would be interesting in trading? The search functions are limited, and it would be useful for new people like myself to know what areas are active, general times of activity ect. 

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
6 years ago
1,889 posts

Thanks for starting this conversation, Comtesse.  I'll pass on a notice to the QH Co-op group so that individuals may comment.

Speaking for the group as a whole, we don't have regular times where we congregate.  There's usually a few of us online at any given time of the day (though our avatars may be napping while the typist is pursuing RL activities).

You could always ask at the G&S Market Forum if you are looking for something specific or check out our inworld Market

Would you please post a SLurl for the Magritte Market?

Thanks!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Bessie Hull
@satoharu-nakamura
6 years ago
41 posts

Do you mean trading in person, or just buying things from market stalls?

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
6 years ago
359 posts

Antiquity makes some use of G&S although we also have an in-house trading system.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
ComtesseDuMarais
@comtessedumarais
6 years ago
2 posts

I think most use G&S for rp enhancement and activities. I doubt anyone is using it for the well done livestock. So it might be fun to have marketing days and times where we can all interact a bit more and rp while trading. It also might mean a few less trips to the gorean markets. 

Magritte village market http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Magritte/59/180/31

Magritte port http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Magritte/45/44/26

Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
6 years ago
58 posts

I like the idea of our two groups purchasing from each other's market areas. I also like the idea of our group interacting with roleplay.  One thing that is a bit tricky (and you might check with the Magritte admins on this), as I understand it, non Magritte residents are OOC (out of character) visitors and are asked not to interact directly.  In fact the OOC tag we are asked to wear says communication in one-on-one IMs only.  Arranged market days there would be hard to do unless we set up a conference chat and still, I'd want to be sure the Magritte admins were ok with the idea.  Never the less, it would be nice to bring business back and forth among the groups.

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina
Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
6 years ago
58 posts

Tiamat, I'm curious about what you said.  Antiquity uses items from both systems?  In what ways?  Is there a market where items from both systems are sold?

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi:

Antiquity makes some use of G&S although we also have an in-house trading system.

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina

updated by @una-lunaqat: 17 Nov 2018 01:41:27AM
Abbondio Rezzonico
@abbondio-rezzonico
6 years ago
39 posts

Una, the OOC-tag is mostly meant for visitors that wish to remain modern visitors. The tag is a solution that has been used by many rpgs for many years, but is never enforced when we're dealing with people from the same great community of the courts/18th century. Magritte gets a -lot- of visitors, some follow these rules respectfully, but a larger group just ignores and barges in - to those we point out the tag.

Magritte has some changes ahead in the coming time. But rest assured that the Barons are and will be more than welcoming to any IC-visitor.

I like the idea of market days, especially now that we're expanding with produce and really covering the full range. The new option to customize products like beer, brandy, liquors, etc. makes this even more interesting.

--
Abbondio Rezzonico
Banker, Merchant & Vintner
@ Rocca Sorrentina

updated by @abbondio-rezzonico: 18 Nov 2018 04:40:48AM
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
6 years ago
359 posts

Antiquity uses G&S for food and agricultural items. There's a G&S market on Jersey, in Sea of Antiquity, and several G&S farms. Jacon Cortes would be a better source of information (I tend to avoid practical economics in SL!)

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch