Living History
Donate to LHVW

Site ???? What's New!?

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Obviously there's a lot that's new but I'll try to highlight some of my favourites changes :)

Besides the increased functionality there's a lot more SPACE.  We can now spread out across the screen and on to more pages including a dedicated Marketplace forum. 

Given this new wealth in tools & real estate, we've been able to relax some of the old rules which had been implemented because of crowding.  See Guidelines for the complete details.

Events: Can now be recurring.  This should save a ton of typing AND help showcase more extended events that cover more than 24hrs.

Marketplace: Posting frequency has been increased for once a week to once a day.   All site members are now welcome to post in the Marketplace (as opposed to Site Supporters only).  Marketplace topics can now be categorized making them easier to find.

Blogs, Images & Videos: Can now be categorize, again for easier access. 

Profiles are a new concept.  Each User (what we use to call Member) has at least one Profile and may have more than one.  Each Profile may have more than one User.  This has some interesting implications for roleplay as it is possible to set up a Profile (Marie Antoinette for example) that is managed by a number of Users who take turns playing the role.  Profiles will be discussed in more detail at a future date.

Guest Books are a great place to welcome newcomers or say hello to old friends.  Similar to how we used Comments but you can only place one Guest Book entry per Profile.

Following is a bit different than the Ning Friends.  If you Follow someone, their actions will be shown on your Profile Timeline so you can see what they've been up to.  You can also send a Private Message to people that Follow you (as well as to the Admin).

Exciting stuff!!  What do you think?

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 09 Oct 2016 05:51:19AM
Merry Chase
@merry-chase
8 years ago
154 posts

Whew! Lots of exiting stuff, new stuff, to explore and learn. This old bat has just managed to log on to the new site and navigate her way to the Forums and the Account Settings. I'm curmudgeonly in my virtual old age, and dislike learning new things, but my typist can see the benefits of the new features here and will probably convince me, eventually, that the change was a good thing. She proposes three cheers for Tatiana, for managing old site and new and the transition between. Hip, groovy, hurrah! 

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Hello Merry!  My inner curmudgeon salutes yours; change can be hard :)

Many thanks for the cheers - I think we're all going to enjoy the new place once we get settled in.  Kick the tires and if you have any problems give me a shout.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Nora Clementine Fernsby
@nora-clementine-fernsby
8 years ago
63 posts

I'm excited to learn my way around! The site looks great :)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Waves hello to , Nora!  Thank you, I hope you have fun touring around.  Isn't it grand to have so much more space :)

--