Living History
Donate to LHVW

RIP Admiral Joawny Trebuchett

Merry Chase
@merry-chase
8 years ago
154 posts

Some of you may remember Admiral Joawny Trebuchett as an active and swashbuckling member of many historic and seafaring communities online. Sadly, his beloved Cara Cali has given me the news that he passed away on the 24th of October. She provided the following obituary:

"It is with deep regret we inform you that the real life man behind Admiral Joawny Trebuchett of the Continental Navy and member of the New Orleans City Council passed away quietly in his sleep, on October 24, 2016.  Jo was 52 and came to Second Life 01/28/2007. In that time he co-owned New Orleans City Sim. He served as an officer in the Antiquity Royal Navy and Continental Navy, and  steward of the All Seas Battle Group. He sent many a pirate to their doom upon Beekhaven, Blake's, Antiquity, Jolie Rouge, Fairwinds, Sanctuary, Jabberwock, Coastal, Morgans, Pirates Destiny and the Tradewinds seas. Friend to all, family to Amanda Dallin-Vanbeeck, Sandrine Vanbeeck, Trinity Claymore and beloved of Cara Cali, he will be greatly missed. We shall not see his like again. "

Wish sincere sympathy for all his friends and family,

Merry

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,900 posts

Very sad news; my sympathy to his family & friends.  Thanks for letting us know, Merry.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Merry Chase
@merry-chase
8 years ago
154 posts

I had only met Jo a couple of times, but his sweetie, Cara Cali, is a dear friend, and such a contributor to in so many ways, in SL. I told her I'd pass along the word to spare her from having to. 

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
8 years ago
359 posts

Admiral Trebuchett's inworld memorial service will be held at 11:00 AM SLT on Saturday, November 26, in Antiquity Bexar, in accordance with Cara's wishes. Final details such as the most suitable slurl will be confirmed closer to the date. Anyone who is unable to attend is welcome to place a candle at the memorial stone that will be placed next to Bexar Cathedral, within view of one of the many seas that he sailed with such joy, grace, and good fellowship.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch