Living History
Donate to LHVW

Reflections on ten years.

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
7 years ago
252 posts

Where has the time gone.

Today, as I celebrate, 10 years in Second Life, I would like to take a brief moment, to reflect on the years gone by.

There is no way to over estimate, the impact Second Life has had on me. Coming from a small ranch town, Second Life has offered me, a simple ranch boy, way way to communicate and form relationships with people from all over the world, a platform to experiment and create on a level I could have never imagined.

The true blessing though, was this small gem of a location, called Antiquity. From the first day I visited, with Grand Duke Gregg and Grand Duchess Angel, I knew I had found my home. I never left. Over the first 5 years in Antiquity, i was able to meet and befriend some of the most amazing people.

On that day, we got word, that we had 3 days left before Antiquity closed, and we started a marathon fun raiser, who knew what would happen. Not only did the Owners and Admins come together, they worked and donated to help me and Tocho keep antiquity going for all these years.
We still have pretty much the same Owners and Admins. We have stuck together and it has brought us closer.
Looking back, my heart, full of love, for all the people I have met and my Antiquity family, that means so much to me. It is all my friends and family here, that keep me so dedicated to Antiquity.

My life would be so much more diminished were it not for you. For when it is the darkest, I look around, and remind myself, of the multiple blessings I have, in the friendship i have with each and every one of you. Your give me courage every day, and for that i will be forever indebted to you.

My family, I love you with no bounds, and that is the Gods honest truth.

Here is to another 10 years....Of living, learning and loving.

Thank you my friends.....my family

I love you with all my heart.

Jacon

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,889 posts

Wow!  Ten years in SL is like a century in RL! 

Congratulations on this milestone, Jacon.  Wishing you many more happy years in Antiquity.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site