Market
Donate to LHVW

Historically informed mesh building kits for those of us who are all thumbs!

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

3538_discussions.png

As anyone who knows Sister is aware, she is no builder of anything beyond rugs, framed artwork. Sometimes she can turn out a decent chair or other simple object if she has a GOOD mesh template with maps, etc., etc. It's taken her nearly two years to feel proficient when it comes to adding sits to chairs, etc. The result: enough chairs to seat a small army of avatars!

There are some terrific creators of full perm mesh building kits. But until recently I haven't seen much aimed at those of us who dream of being able to create things like carriages that are both well made and faithful to the historical originals. I did find a lovely chamber pot, but how many of those can an 18th century lady display without it becoming somewhat vulgar....

And then, I stumbled across this! I went wild and bent the ear of the creator Leo Maven of DECOR DEPOT. He has kindly offered to create some things for the next DECADES Festival, venture, galleries, etc. and gave me the ok to post a photo of the HANSOM CAB full perm building kit he released today. I'm buying a copy. The Haven where Lorsagne hangs her hat when she is not visiting RP sims has been in serious want of a "proper" carriage. If you are looking for something like this, go to DECOR DEPOT and tell the creator that supporting historically based builds in SL is both good business and the right thing to do.

updated by @lorsagne-de-sade: 03 Apr 2019 03:21:09AM
Ekaterina Vorontsova-Dashkova
@ekaterina-vorontsova-dashkova
9 years ago
300 posts

Oh wow, how lovely is that carriage!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,899 posts

How lovely!

I've used a number of items from Decor Depot(including the balloons for the All Hallow's Eve Party) and always thought they were great.

Thanks for posting :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

And how great that Leo has said, "bring me ideas for things to make!" Number one on my wish list is a 'copy' of a RL 18th century bathtub . . . .

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
9 years ago
359 posts

Oh, this sounds dangerous, Leena. As a fellow minor-builder-with-major limitations, I am such a sucker for other people's skilled creation. My Buckingham character, Marchioness Conyngham, is already starting to lust after a really well-built barouche, capable of handling passengers of weight.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

I understand . . . Lorsagne has visions of a fleet. Poor Leo may flee in terror once we get going with requests!

And as the dark days of Revolution grow closer, think of the possibilities engendered by that!