Queen's Hamlet
Donate to LHVW

Help Needed with Market Expansion

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,900 posts

The Co-op is looking for help from its Culinary Wizards.

Now that we've had a chance to establish ourselves, I thought it would be interesting to try a bit of an expansion. Apparently it's just more fun living on the edge :)

I've reserved a small stall (LI=20) at the G&S Co-op Market which will be available in about two days. The main objective is to give us an opportunity to "advertise" our existence with a nice looking display and information about the Hamlet.

I have no idea if we will actually sell anything but we can always hope.

I was thinking it would be interesting to have one "special" food item from each member that was interested in participating. By special I was thinking of the Secret Recipes.

Here's a first guess at what some members can produce:

• Tat - Large Roasted Chicken with Stuffing
  • Claire-Sophie - Cake House
  • Elisabeth - Cream Rolls
  • Stangbo - Lobster w Oysters or Pretzel

This leaves a number of Secret Recipes open for other members to try and I'd like to get as many members involved as we can.

As a start, the Co-op can probably buy up to 4 of each of these at wholesale prices (half the retail price).

If you're interested in helping out please contact me.

Thanks!

Tat

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 11 Aug 2020 03:57:44AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,900 posts

Three weeks into our expansion and it's going really well!

Most popular items (in no particular order):

• Mead
  • Sake
  • Great Reserve Wine
  • Cheese
  • Milk
  • Pretzels

I'm thinking of expanding with the addition of another 20 prim stall adjacent to our current one or perhaps a larger 60 prim stall if one becomes available.

I was wondering if members had any preference for what was sold. Is there anything that you're keen to produce? Tools? Thread? More food items? Other? The Co-op would purchase these wholesale and take the responsibility of selling them retail.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,900 posts

840_discussions.png?width=750

Hearty congratulations to the QH Co-op Members! Our first outlet stall is up & running. Only G&S farmers/artisans can truly appreciate all the time & effort that goes into producing one little item, especially the "secret" ones.

You were all more than up to the challenge and I think we will make an excellent first impression on those just discovering our little venture.

To visit at http://bit.ly/1TL5KGv teleport once (bringing you to the central location) and then again with the same link to get to the stall.

Thanks!!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,900 posts

A quick update ...

everyone has accepted the challenge and are busily learning & preparing their secret somethings!

We've also added Una (Custard Rolls) and Jane (Sweet Kiss Cake).

Many thanks to all of our intrepid volunteers. I know we're going to have a great opening day!

Now back I go to catch some more large chickens to roast :))

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,900 posts

Excellent! Happy studying :))

--
Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
8 years ago
264 posts

I was planning on getting inworld and learning cream rolls in a few minutes, so I'll definitely go with that!