Living History
Donate to LHVW

Anyone up for making two special chairs for the DECADES festival? - Proceeds to benefit Royal Courts

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

We are having an art exhibit as part of the DECADES festival the end of next month that includes paintings/artifacts from 24 periods . . . . Stone Age cave paintings to Post-Modern/Deconstructivism "concept art." Each period also features a chair that's typical of the era. We all sit, after all and chairs are fun in SL.

I've located and/or made chairs for all 24 periods but two: Mesopotamian and Egyptian (I have an Egyptian chair, but it is truly ugly...and the only other one I found that works in the exhibit is 24 LI)

Am attaching photo of Queen Hetepheres I chair. She was a Queen of Egypt during the 4th dynasty. If anyone would be willing to create a replica, please get in touch. We would feature it and the Mesopotamian chair as fund raiser purchases, as well as include them in the exhibit. Will attach the other image in next note.

HETERPHERES I CHAIR:

3370_discussions.jpg

updated by @lorsagne-de-sade: 06 Oct 2016 06:35:05AM
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

The second chair - ASSYRIAN. Two drawings of chairs from The British Museum...and a snippet of text from the museum:

"The discoveries which have been made in the oldest seat of monarchical government in the world, by such enterprising travellers as Sir Austin Layard, Mr. George Smith, and others who have thrown so much light upon domestic life in Nineveh, are full of interest in connection with this branch of the subject. We learn from these authorities that the furniture was ornamented with the heads of lions, bulls, and rams; tables, thrones, and couches were made of metal and wood, and probably inlaid with ivory; the earliest chair, according to Sir Austin Layard, having been made without a back, and the legs terminating in lion's feet or bull's hoofs. Some were of gold, others of silver and bronze. On the monuments of Khorsabad, representations have been discovered of chairs supported by animals, and by human figures, probably those of prisoners. In the British Museum is a bronze throne, found by Sir A. Layard amidst the ruins of Nimrod's Palace, which shews ability of high order for skilled metal work."

3371_discussions.jpg Side views of two chairs (Assyrian):

3372_discussions.jpg

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

SNURF....No takers on the chair? Snurf.

Julia Auditore
@julia-auditore
9 years ago
11 posts

I think I can kinda sorta make thatHetepheresI chair, when do you want it by?

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

The DECADES Festival and Ball is June 27, so we need it in place before then. If you fcan take it on, I will jump for joy. Will post a photo of the the spot where it goes with the accompanying artwork.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Photo of the exhibit showing where the chair is needed for EGYPTIAN era:

3373_discussions.png?width=450

MESOPOTAMIAN era:

3374_discussions.png?width=450

STONE AGE, MESOPOTAMIAN, EGYPTIAN:

3375_discussions.png?width=721

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Thanks toJulia Auditore's talent and time we now have a chair fit for a queen-- QueenHetepheresI to be precise.

Julia Auditore
@julia-auditore
9 years ago
11 posts

My pleasure Madame :)