Living History
Donate to LHVW

The Examination, or, How the good Doctor Vaughan's Leeches tasted Werewolf Blood

Andronica Llewellyn
@andronica-llewellyn
12 years ago
65 posts
The physicians trade was once known as leechcraft, for reasons you can easily guess. I had an entertaining encounter with these unpleasant little beasties in December 1748 at the hands of our family physician. After my latest killing spree, my complete lack of appetite for ordinary human food had aroused Fathers concern, who once again called upon Doctor Vaughan to examine me.
The examination itself was like a game of cat and mouse, as I attempted to prevent the doctor from discovering that my body had experienced an unnaturally accelerated onset of puberty as a result of my lycanthropic condition. Our discussion of what today is called PMS was especially amusing.
Just when I thought the worst was over, the good doctor produced his little wormlike assistants, on the grounds that I appeared a bit sanguineous (not surprising, given my recent diet of shepherds). The leeches were supposed to balance my humours, but became a minor scientific sensation of their own.

Read Chapter 9 of Night Musicat www.AndronicaLlewellyn.com

updated by @andronica-llewellyn: 06 Oct 2016 06:16:30AM