Living History
Donate to LHVW

Appeal to apt roleplayers and educators: Join the Versailles RP Commission

Anne, Comtesse de Noailles
@anne-comtesse-de-noailles
11 years ago
263 posts

Dear members,

In view of recent events and developments the Council of Versailles has decided to set in place a RP commission composed of experienced roleplayers and educators in SL to elaborate a reform concept and guidelines for the historical RP community of Versailles in SL

The main aim is to create a more text based roleplay that orientates itself around major historical events and developments while focusing on the educational aspect of historical roleplay that is also a key element of Versailles in SL as a " living museum ".

The commission is going to commence its work on Monday, 29th July 2013 , so submissions to the commission end on that date. The commission shall meet on a regular basis several times per week in the rooms of the Chteau. In order to permit an efficient working flow task groups are going to be formed charged with different missions depending on the agenda fixed by the commission as whole.

If you are interested, please feel free to contact me ( MarieJosette Laville ) for further information on how to take part in the commission.

Terms of Procedure of the Commission

1: Outline of the mandate

A large roleplay reform shall be undertaken whose aim shall be to promote a more text based roleplay that relies entirely on a main standard plot that ought to be written by a group of selected writers (preferably members from the commission) and further developed at the end of every month.

The general outlines of this proposal can be found in the following notecard: Roleplay Reform 2013

Moreover, the following points ought to be considered by the commission:

• New guidelines for newcomers need to be fixed: What are the requirements in order to be admitted officially
  • Introduction of a tutor program with the aim to provide orientation for newcomers
  • An official event schedule shall only be released with regards to major court events (such as balls and religious service). As far as "other events" such as tea parties or salons are concerned, users should be able to organize and announce such events more autonomously. The ability to send group notices can however be limited to selected number of roleplayers in order to avoid unnecessary spam.
  • Roleplayers shall be encouraged to use the group chat in order to introduce or engage in spontaneous roleplay scenarios and court intrigues in order to endorse the creative development of sub plots around the said standard plot.

To be included in the guidelines:

• Newcomers will be required to present a completely and well thought out biography before admission
  • All members without any exception will be expected to reserve a section in their profile for their roleplay biography

2: Requirements for admission to the commission

Any member of Versailles in SL feeling apt and able to engage in a general discourse with others roleplayers are welcome to volunteer. Anyone interested is asked to contact the Council member in charge (MarieJosette Laville) for admission.

However, single members of the Commission can be excluded on a majority vote of the commission of they do not present themselves at the scheduled meetings and disrupt the work of the commission.

3: Procedure

During the constitutive session all members will be assigned to different task groups that shall each elect a speaker and be charged with different missions depending on the agenda decided by the commission assembly composed of all members of the commission.

Proposals made by a task group shall be discussed and voted in the commission assembly and hereafter forwarded to the Council.

Proposals made by the commission do not enter into effect before being approved by the Council.

At the end of every session a date for the next meeting is to be set by the members of the commission. The next meeting must take place within 3 days. If the assembly does not arrive at a consensus the date can be fixed by the Council member in charge.

SIGNED
On behalf of the Council of Versailles in SL
MarieJosette Laville

updated by @anne-comtesse-de-noailles: 06 Oct 2016 06:21:44AM
11 years ago
263 posts

We are happy to welcome the following members in the commission as of today:

LisaMarie McWinnie

Reba Rutabaga

Celestine Cixous

Sidonie Laborde

MariaAntonia Barenhaut

For those who are interested to join the commission as well please contact me. Monday shall be the last day to sign up for those interested! Kind regards MJ

Marie Anne Honfleur
@marie-anne-honfleur
11 years ago
6 posts

Dearest Anne - I responded to this request saying that I would be happy to assist in this effort - particularly in the area of science and science education. But I also mentioned in my response that because of my work and travel schedule, I am extremely unlikely to be able to attend the meetings regularly- especially as they are two time a week. I think it best I not be on the commission, but I am willing to pitch in my expertise. Make sense?

Marie Anne Honfleur
@marie-anne-honfleur
11 years ago
6 posts

Oh - and Reba Rutabaga = Marie Anne Honfleur

11 years ago
263 posts

Hello dear! I understood that perfectly well, yet I did not want to let your contribution go unnoticed by the public :) even if you are not able to attend each and every meeting every sensible and thought out inout it more than welcome and productive!

Marie Anne Honfleur
@marie-anne-honfleur
11 years ago
6 posts

lol - ok ok. I'll do the best I can.