Living History
Donate to LHVW

Construction Palace São Cristóvão 1829

Luís Gastão de Orléans
@luis-gastao-de-orleans
9 years ago
13 posts

It is with great pleasure that I announcethe opening of the Palace of So Cristvo, residence of the Imperial Family Brazilian. Originally built in 1803, and given as a gift to John VI in 1808, who was the King of the Portugual.

Location: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tansania/11/195/46

3322_discussions.png?width=750 Original palace http://www.marcillio.com/rio/scristovao/scqupaan.jpg

History the Palace

The " Palacio Real" ( Royal Palace) was the residence of the royal family from 1808 to 1821. After the proclamation of the independence of Brazil by Pedro I, in the year of 1822, the Royal Palace was renamed Imperial Palace. Since then it was the residence of the Imperial family from 1822 to 1889.

Regarding the orginal manson, It was regarded as the best landlord house in Rio at the time, and had beautiful views but lacked the grandeur and style desired by the Kings.
The transformation of the original construction into a neoclassical palace expresses the intention of magnitude, using an architecture which aim was to express power, rationality and dominion over nature.

Rooms:

Hall of Ambassadors;

Described by the architect Grandjean Montigny, the room of the ambassadors, there are four allegories representing the four continents, said to be one of the most richly decorated rooms, had the role to impress foreign visitors of the palace.
Showing the wealth and power of the young Brazilian empire.

3323_discussions.png?width=750

Throne Room;

The most important room of the palace, is the predominant colors green, symbol house Bragana and the representation of national flora and gold representing the House of

Habsburg and national wealth, Both colors in the flag of Brazil.

3324_discussions.png?width=750

Other rooms:
3326_discussions.png?width=750

my gratitude a Raquel Rudolf and my wife kakau von Leuchtenberg.

updated by @luis-gastao-de-orleans: 11 Oct 2016 04:56:57AM