Living History
Donate to LHVW

Diary entry

Georgiana Fitzherbert Grace
@georgiana-fitzherbert-grace
11 years ago
95 posts
Ok I found this about an hour ago which was pretty sad to read as it is a fall of Georgianas life and the last entry I have from her till About 1815. It has a collection of letters unfortunately never reached their receivers but to return unread. I recently found out that she addressed many of her diary entries to her son Antoine. Who was to receive all these when his mother died unfortunately he died of a broken heart three days after the death of his wife and daughter (died in an unfortunate hunting accident in 1793) these diaries were more of a future letters and memories to be shared1792 10/4This is a letter but It never reached him as he disappeared from his location the day before the letter came. Bad timingDearest AntoineI'm am falling to pieces I can't take it anymore. My family my very own family is being killed left right and centre. My dear brother killed for mistaken identity how can this be? I sit at home every night waiting for news of you and my beloved grand children where have you been? Only last month you were running to Austria to hide from the revolutionaries. There is no reason why you should run they wouldn't find you for years I know you have dear friends from the court but do keep yourself hidden. I assure you they will see sense and return the king and queen to their throne. I want you back at home immediately I don't want to receive a letter to tell me your dead I want you in the safety home as soon as possible. The procedure to keep you and the family safe is not easy but I try my best to have you home but you all Ignore it. Look what happened to your cousin Paul last time those revolutionaries chased him away from his home only managing to save his poor daughters and to inform you that you knew that Christine was dear to him. by the way He informed me that you were saying he never loved her how dare you in any right say such things he is heart broken. Your sisters Marie and Isabella only got home last night I am growing worried for you and Louisette please come home. Your father is starting to worry you may never return home. Please hurry back to us immediately.Your loving mamaGeorgiana G.It's quiet sad isnt it and after that was sent her daughter isabella lost her son Charles after he fell of the banister on the staircase :( and she lost her husband after he passed in his sleep sad to be honest. This is her major fall she became very file and bored after this and she wasn't the happy free girl she was. Only after 1815 she began to pick up Spirit and turned into her old self (ps she died in 1830And I'll post the diary entry in an hour or so just hang in There. if I don't just wait :)
updated by @georgiana-fitzherbert-grace: 06 Oct 2016 06:18:41AM