Living History
Donate to LHVW

The Greater Taste: Little Devil delights

Georgiana Fitzherbert Grace
@georgiana-fitzherbert-grace
11 years ago
95 posts
HiOk im going to give you all these little kiddie food recipes that I learned off a good friend of mine from Paris he use own a great bakery and sweetshop which all were homemade by him and his wifeps as a kid me and my younger sister loved going there it was heaven fI love these recipes basically because their freaking awesomeLemon dropsMy childhood cheer up and my grannies treat I adore lemon drops if you have never had these before you have to have them every Irish person in the world recieved these from a granny or sweetshop at one point and we adore themOk down to businessOk your going to need these ingredients450 g of caster sugarHalf a lemon rind and juice150ml of waterFood colouringAnd honey if you want ItMethod1. Peel and juice the lemon2. Put water and sugar into saucepan and mix till sugar has dissolved and add lemon rind3. Boil till it reachs 125 c4. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and honey add whatever colouring you want and return to heat until it boils again5. Remove rind and pour into a slightly oiled tray and wait till it cools for about 2-3 mins until it can be touched and tear off small pieces and roll into balls6. And set aside till completely coolSome tipsIf you have a sick loved one give them a nice jar of them as a get well giftIf you have a vintage jar you can always make them for your country kitchen touchThese are a good pick me up for when your sick so it's good to have them aroundKeep in a jar to keep them preserved for longerYawn I'm getting tired it's (12 here so I'm off to bed) and I'll post the rest tomorrow or soonAu revoirGeorgiana Marie Alice G.
updated by @georgiana-fitzherbert-grace: 06 Oct 2016 06:20:09AM