Donate to LHVW

2nd Olympiad of the Courts and Pirates

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
11 years ago
252 posts

To All Citizens of the Royal Courts and Pirate lands of SL

Your Majesties, Your Highnesses, Pirate Lords, Nobles, Citizens and Pirates:

As we pass the 6 months since the last gathering of the realms, preparations for the 2nd Olympiad of the Courts and Pirates are underway. The first Olympiad was a shining example how all the estates could pull together and pull off a week of fun.

For these next Olympic games, it was suggested and proposed to me, that we incorporate the Olympic games with an RFL fund raiser. Given the terrible nature of this disease and the hardship it brings to millions across the globe, its a small way we as responsible members of the SL Courts and Pirates Community, can help fight for a cure. This is yet another instance we can all work together for a higher good.

The next Olympic games are scheduled for week of March 30-April 7, 2013. (Easter Sunday, March 31, will be an open day, no Olympic events to allow estates or residents to participate in their celebrations if they have any). Estates that would like to participate should contact Jacon Cortes. Each estate will choose their Olympic Chairperson and Olympic Committee that will be the contact for the team by sending a note card with the name of the Chairperson and the estate they are representing and up to 3 Committee members that will also be placed on the mailing list. Deadline to submit your intent to participate will be Wednesday March 6, at 10pm slt. (Please include the names of the Sovereigns of your lands, Kings, Queens, Prince's, Pirate Lords, Pirate Captains, Presidents, Prime Ministers, leaders or owners of the estates they are representing)

As with the last Olympics, we had lots of wonderful volunteers from all estates helping and making it a success and we ask again for all those helpers to come back and help make the Olympics a fun time for all again.

Starting March 4, 2013, all estates can start rounding up their competitors, holding their Olympic trials to choose their team members. Friday March 22nd will be the deadline for estates to submit 3 competitor names for each event and up to two Alternate. No exceptions or last min additions so we have ample time to set the brackets for the tournaments.

My original plan for the Olympics was for it to be moved from place to place. At the time, my concern was that there were not many estates large enough to host all the venues. The idea, like the real life Olympics, was to bring all the countries together in one place. The post Olympic meetings that I held, brought forth divisions and tensions as to who would host next.

All participating estates will be allowed to have official Olympic events leading up to the week of the games. The events will be held in their home lands and the notices will be forwarded to all the Olympic Chairs and Committee Members to be sent out in the different estates. These events are designed to allow the host to show off their estates and expose more estates to their lands. (event examples: Olympic Organizers Party, Ball/Dance honoring Past Olympic Winners, Individual events in different estates showcasing the culture and lifestyle of the host estate, pre Olympic competitions in the events they are hosting, to get to know the other competitors ..ect)

The Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Medal Ceremony, the Sovereigns Ball, the Pirates Rum Bust, will be held during the week of the Olympics. As in real life, the Opening and Closing Ceremonies are one of the main attractions. This Olympics, on a first come first serve basis, any estate, that would like to produce a show for the Opening, Closing or Medal Ceremonies, write up a proposal, and submit it to Jacon Cortes. The organizing estate will receive full recognition for the show, and it will allow for the residents of the estate to also participate.

The Medal, Opening, Closing Ceremonies will be held in the plaza in front of the Texas Capitol Building and the Sovereigns Ball will be held inside the Texas Capitol Building, and the Pirates rum bust..will be held in a place to be determined.

By Wednesday March 6, we will know what estates will be participating. On Thursday, I will send out the list of the events we will be having. Over the next few days, I will be contacting the Event coordinators from last Olympics, and offer them the chance to host the events again, since they have experience and have an idea what is needed. On Thursday, March 7th, I will release the list of events, and who will be hosting them. The events that do not have coordinators, will be open for anyone else that may want to organize them. The events that do not have sponsors, will be discussed and decided if they should be held or replaced with other events. New additional events will be considered on an event by event bases depending on time limitations and organization of the event.

Olympic Village: This year, the Olympic village will be located in the Texas Capitol Building in Antiquity Texas. There are 12 offices that maybe be used. Each estate will receive 50 prims to make their display. It will be a first come first serve basis.

Olympic Medals: Jacon Cortes will supply the medals again. I will use the same design on a different colored ribbon, to separate from the 1st Olympics.

Anyone with good coordinating skilles, event hosting or would just like to help on the day of the events, please contact Jacon Cortes. I can use all the help I can get, on multiple levels...:P

In closing, I would like to thank everyone who helped make the last Olympics, an event to remember. Tough competitions, hard work preparing the events and the loads of fun we all had watching, participating and enjoying all the events. Thank you all in advance, for your help in making this another event we can all enjoy.

1st Olympiad Events:

Cross Country Horse Race
Barrel Racing
Cannon Shoot
Melee
Archery 35 m
Archery 50 m
Sharp Shooting
EnGarde
Bubble Races
Mer Relay Race
Mer Sea Horse Race
Mer Snail Races
Spitting Contest
Barrel Tossing
Cannonball Tossing
Timed Ship Race
Double Naval Battle
Singles Naval Battle
Jousting

Thank you

Jacon

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB

updated by @jacon-cortes-de-bexar: 26 Oct 2016 09:48:31PM
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
11 years ago
252 posts

Greetings and Salutations

I can announce that we have two estates confirmed to be participating in the upcoming Olympics.

Serenisima Republica de Venessia
Morgan Straits

Thank you both for joining in

Jacon Cortes

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Aimee Wheatcliffe
@aimee-wheatcliffe
11 years ago
51 posts

I would really like to participate, what would I need to do?

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
11 years ago
252 posts

Greetings...:)

It would be an honor to have you join us. Feel free to im me, and I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

--
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
11 years ago
252 posts

Glad you have a good time, hope to see you for the second games...:)

--
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
11 years ago
252 posts

Olympics are coming up. Attached, please find a list of events, coordinators , draft times and locations for the events. I know i made many mistakes, so just let me know if you catch one.

Greetings and Salutations....:)

I am sure i have forgotten things, but what ever i did forget, please just let me know. Event coordinators, please let me know if the times are ok. If we need to make changes we can do them as quick as possible.
I will be getting out the NC with the LM's and rules next.

Participating so far-

(if you would like to participate, there is still time)

Republica Serrenissima -
Morgans- (Shalimay Melodie alt of Brie Oskar) and Shari Mistwalker
Celtic Isles -
White Knights
RavenHearts
Double Dragon Academy

Helpers -
(I am sure i left someone out, please contact me if I have so I can get you on the list )

Renonys Resident
norma voir
bobby troughton
corkie houston
shalimay melodie
brie oskar
shari mistwalker
kzebo aethernoctis
vitaenoctis
vedis abolone
rena okelly
fin
Ricci Juliesse
Belladonna Mandrake
jantexx
Pamus Bing
pz7 engineer
contessa wizardly
enrique martinsyde
garfi ansar
roy100 allen
Tocho cortes
Crotian Resident
capt Blinker
Aldo Stern
Twelfthnight Resident
Valencia Chenault
tiamat windstorm
johnbluesteel spiritweaver
Ladybellanona resident
Prissy206 Hammand
Angelina Rennahan

Events with Coordinators

Distance Spitting - Salty Bob and Corkie Houston
Distance Cannonball Toss - Salty Bob and Corkie Houston
Distance Barrel/Keg Hurl - Salty Bob and Corkie Houston
Jousting - Capt Blinker
Engarde - Capt Blinker
Melee - John and Bella Bluesteel
Cross Country - Pamus Bing
Barrel Racing - Pamus Bing
Mer Relay Races - Prissy206 Hammand and Tiamat Windstorm
Bubble Races - - Prissy206 Hammand and Tiamat Windstorm
Mer Snail Race - - Prissy206 Hammand and Tiamat Windstorm
Mer Sea Horse Race - Prissy206 Hammand and Tiamat Windstorm

Timed Ship Races -
Double Naval Battle -
Singles Naval Battle -
Archery 35m -
Archery 50m-

Not Sure Abut

cannon shoot
sharp shooting

(All times in SLT.)

MONDAY, April 1

This is the same schedule we used last olympics. If possible, I would like to try to set up two days of prelims at least, for each event. Schedule one for EU times (11am-3pm slt), one for Americas (4pm-7pm slt). We will have finals on saturday and sunday, to allow maximum participation for our brothers and sisters on other time zones. Medals for all events will be awarded Sunday. Finals may be scheduled during the week, if all parties participating are in agreement.

TUESDAY, April 2

1 PM - Cross Country Horse Race-Prelim
Antiquity Britannica
Viewing - Antiqutiy Finlanda

2PM - EnGarde preliminary trials
Antiquity Van Diemens
Viewing - Antiquity Bexar

4PM - SPD timed sea race
Antiquity Battle Dock
Viewing Antiquity Yucatan

6PM - Sword Melee - Heats
Antiquity Tejas
Viewing - Antiquity Texas

WEDNESDAY, April 3

10 AM - Sharp Shooting

1PM - Mer Relay, Marie Galante to Mont Saint Bruno

4pm- Jousting
Antiquity Texas
Viewing if needed

6 PM - Archery,
Antiquity VanDiemen's Land
Viewing - Antiquity Bexar

8PM - Sharp Shooting

THURSDAY, April 4

12 PM - Sovereigns' Ball, Capitol Ballroom, Antiquity Texas

2pm - Singles Naval Battles
Antiquity Battle Dock
Viewing - Antiquity Yucatan

3PM - EnGarde preliminary trials
Antiquity VanDiemens
Viewing Antiquity Bexar

4:00 - Sea Horse Heats
5:00 - Snail Race Heats
6:00 - Sea Horse and Snail Race Finals

FRIDAY, April 5

12 noon - Sword Melee - Heats

1PM - Barrel Racing (Equestrian)

2 PM - Spitting, Tejas
3PM - Barrel Tossing, Tejas
4PM - Cannonball Tossing, Tejas

* 5PM - Doubles Naval Battles

SATURDAY, April 6

12:30 PM - Bubble Racing, Battle Dock - leggers and mers welcome to enter. Bubble giver will be set up on Battle Dock Monday for practice purposes.

1:00 PM - EnGarde finals

2:00 PM - Sharpshooting finals (in case of a tie on the 8th)

* 3:00PM - Naval Battles Finals

6PM - Sword Melee - Finals

Sunday, April 7

*11am - if needed for naval battle finals

1 PM - Closing Ceremony

Any questions, please get in touch with Jacon Cortes.

Thank you, and hope to see you there.

--