Living History
Donate to LHVW

hôtels à Paris

Louis Alexandre de Launay
@louis-alexandre-de-launay
10 years ago
6 posts

Hark back to the days of "Woody Creek" c.2010 ... Ahh to find a compound like that. Which got me thinking about Paris and the hotels that abounded in 18th century Paris .... what a wonderful idea to make a sim (or three) of principle aristocratic hotels, where families resided before (and after,a hard days, weeks work)attending Versailles. Shootme at the first moment, if this has be thought of before (I have been away 4 years) cheers LA.

updated by @louis-alexandre-de-launay: 06 Oct 2016 06:31:49AM
Craутon T. Cavιℓℓ
@celestin-gouffier-de-bonnivet
10 years ago
46 posts

It might have been thought of before, but I don't think it was ever made. The idea though is a good one, as most of the social ife was done in Paris during the reign of Louis XV and XVI, Versailles was still the center of power of course, but if people could avoid it or their duty was done they rush back to the fun of Parisian life ...

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
10 years ago
93 posts

I love that this idea does not require the building of a castle. Not all of 18th century Europe was palace living. Nice idea!

10 years ago
6 posts

Agree'd (Aloys) 1715 to 1793 wasn't all Versailles (or Castles, Stephanie), a legacy left by Louis XV'scousin Duc d'Orleans no doubt......but with the likes of Htel de Soubise , Htel Carnavalet & Htel de Lauzun in mind, to name just a few, seems like a perfect adjunct to the prospects of Versailles, rising likethe phoenix .Mind the success of this story (hotels) would be maximise primage, although they were not Chateau's they were almost as sumptuous. I'm tinkering away in Pavane at the moment using prims, sculpts and mesh to see what value I can extract from SL's 15k prim limit. ( I've been away in exotic lands for the past 2 years, living in prim luxury). Im also gauging interest, which from these posts, and others say there is a warming to the idea. I am a builder. I love 18th century architecture. I love 18th century role play ................. where else is there to be? lol !

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
10 years ago
93 posts

Ah yes, I too have experienced the prim luxury of other lands. That and the economy possible in such places! I do miss those two aspects of life "abroad." Unfortunately, such places lack other luxuries (such as exquisite period couture and elegant wigs) and I find I am willing to make sacrifices in order to have all the finer things my avatarian heart desires.

One wonders if we have ever met in other lands. 'Tis amazing what a small world we live in, in spite of it's enormity.

10 years ago
6 posts

Mademoiselle Mesler you are quite correct, travel abroad is tantalising andinvigorating.

(especially for a builder)

But capitulation to the cosmopolitan and hedonistic Capital was always inevitable if one enjoys, asmay allsay, the finer things in life

I couldremain on my rural estate at Montpellier, but the question would always remain . what if? LA.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

Life at court pales in comparison with excitement to be found in the salons of Paris as the denouement of theAncien Regime's story approached. It was in the salons of Paris that I found most excellent company and intellectual stimulation. As much as I enjoy my life as chatelaine at an intriguing complex in the Haut-Medoc, there are days I would return to Paris and establish a small enterprise offering the best of comforts for those drawn to the city. But there is always the matter of prims to consider. 3000 prims in the furnishing of Sister's house "in the country does add up! But, oh, how she would love to find such accomodations to tempt her to return to Paris for visits.

10 years ago
6 posts

Mademoiselle de Sade, I have no fear your "salon" would be as energetic as Madam Geoffrin or as intellectual as the marquise du Deffand.

And as we know the18th century "salon's" were based by The first renowned salon in Franceat theHotel de Rambouillet which its hostess, Roman-born Catherine de Vivonne, marquise de Rambouillet (15881665), and ran from 1607 until her death. She established the rules of etiquette of the "salon" which resembled the earlier codes of Italian chivalry.

Asmy current project is to finishan estate and manage prims to their best, as noted with a heavy heart.

I anticipate investing in a Parisianarrondissement or .....three, to recreate the Parisian "hotel Particulair" and the atmosphere of the Parisian salons, as an adjunct to our beloved "Versailles". I look forward to your participation. As always, LA