Living History
Donate to LHVW

Hey just wondering have ye read this book

Georgiana Fitzherbert Grace
@georgiana-fitzherbert-grace
11 years ago
95 posts
I was going through all The books that my brother sent over from Austria last month and I found a book called the complete fashion history by Auguste racinet and its amazing it has all the fashion trends from ancient up to the early 19th century I absolutely love it and was wondering have any of you read it?? And is there more of these books? I have heard of him before and read his other catalogue (can't remember it's name sorry)LoveGeorgiana Marie Alice G.
updated by @georgiana-fitzherbert-grace: 06 Oct 2016 06:18:33AM
Jane Ixtar
@jane-ixtar
11 years ago
115 posts

Hi Georgiana, yes! I finally have this. Taschen are publishers of the recent edition, fabulous collectable label. In two volumes. I can't wait to have a good read of this treasure but want to read one page at a time, so it retains its special aura. If you have an older version, then it is special indeed.

11 years ago
95 posts
That's wonderful it's so interesting isn't it I love the sketches in it their beautiful and so very proper when you get to the Baroque years you will have died and went to heaven <3 its so well done!!! Aaahhh (sorry just so love it) happy reading Jane. It's definitely a book to get for fashion geeks (of the pastThat is)
11 years ago
95 posts
Oh also for those of you who might be interested. The author of the book did Many catalogues and their SSOOO beautiful! If you come across the name I'd advise giving it a read. He has amazing depictions and explanations :DD
Love G.