Living History
Donate to LHVW

Rocca Sorrentina Photo Contest: Images of Poetry

Serenek Timeless
@serenek-timeless
8 years ago
33 posts

Rocca Sorrentina is having a photo contest later this month and you are all invited to participate. The theme is "Images of Poetry" and each entry should consist of a poem plus a photo (a "raw shot" not an uploaded texture) taken in SL that interprets the poem.

Here are the particulars:

-----------
ENTERING THE CONTEST

* You can get a full information notecard (which contains the official entry notecard you should use) from the sign outside Rocca Sorrentina's Showcase Gallery:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rocca%20Sorrentina/87/163/2801

* 1 entry per person, please

* Please make note of the entry requirements below.

* Entries will be open from from Friday, June 17, 12 am (midnight) until Friday, June 24, 11:59 pm

-----------
EXHIBIT DETAILS & PRIZES

* The entries will be on exhibit in the Rocca Sorrentina Showcase gallery from June 27 - July 24 with winners announced at a Gallery Reception on Saturday, July 16.

* Pictures may be taken anywhere in Second Life but must be unedited "raw shots" (i.e., photos and not uploaded textures).

* Judging will be based on both the artistic merits of the photo and on how well it captures the sense or feeling of the poem it is meant to interpret.

1st prize $2,000L
2nd prize $1,000L
3rd prize $500L

-----------
REQUIREMENTS

* Please specify the preferred width-to-height aspect ratio (e.g., 16:9, 3:2, or 4:3, etc.) in the Description field of the photo. There is also a place on the entry notecard to note the same information.

* Photos may be taken anywhere in SL but please remember to indicate the photo location by SLURL on your entry card. Remember - the photos must be unedited "raw shots" (i.e., photos and not uploaded textures).

* Jury members and managers of Rocca Sorrentina may submit entries but are not eligible for prizes.

updated by @serenek-timeless: 26 Sep 2016 12:47:52PM
Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
8 years ago
204 posts

Hello everyone!I bringattention to today being the opening day of Rocca Sorrentina's accepting entries for the "Images of Poetry" Photo Contest.

We very much look forward to receiving all your submissions !