Living History
Donate to LHVW

The Greater taste (day2 part 2) Christmas treats

Georgiana Fitzherbert Grace
@georgiana-fitzherbert-grace
12 years ago
95 posts
Hello again I feel super generous so I am giving ye another favourite of mine CALISSONS yummy I love these and as having French grandparents so I love French cuisine since I could remember having my grandmother as a child I felt blessed as she cooked every thing from macaroons to petit fours so sweets are a special recipes for me so let's get cooking...Calisons <333Calissons With Meringue RecipeMost of the worlds supply of Calissons a unique almond paste candy comes from Aix en Provence. Most visitors to Aix come away with a penchant for the distinctive candy. Theyre hard to find, but taking the time to make them from scratch is worth the effort.Cooks note: This recipe uses raw eggs. Children, elderly people, pregnant women, and anyone with a suppressed immune system should avoid this food.Ingredients:2 oz crystallized melon, diced1 oz candied orange peel, diced3 tablespoons Amandine liqueur3 tablespoons orange flower water2 eggs, separated4 oz superfine sugar3 oz ground almonds10 oz heavy cream2 oz superfine sugarPowdered sugarPreparation:Soak the melon and orange peel in the Amandine and orange flour water overnight, and then drain. Discard the soaking liquid. Line a tray of oval-shaped candy molds with plastic wrap and set aside. Cream the egg yolks, 4 oz sugar, and ground almonds. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream and plumped fruits into the egg mixture. Fill candy molds with the nougat batter and freeze until the candies are firm.In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, and gradually add the remaining 2 oz of sugar. Continue beating until stiff peaks form. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pipe the egg whites onto the paper in the same size and shape of the oval candies. Bake in a 200 degree oven for 90 minutes, until crisp. Serve each calisson topped with a meringue and sprinkled with powdered sugar.My comment: well these are a very rare recipe to get in France as you can usually only find them in one area (of which name I forgot) so these were lovely and absaloutly delicious and prefect for the holidays so PLEASE tell me how they went and your opinion PLEASE PLEASE so see you soon and I hope to hear how they went TAyours sincerelyMarie G.
updated by @georgiana-fitzherbert-grace: 06 Oct 2016 06:16:59AM