Living History
Donate to LHVW

The Greater Taste (day3 part 2)

Georgiana Fitzherbert Grace
@georgiana-fitzherbert-grace
12 years ago
95 posts
Hellooo Girls and boys ladys and gentlemenSo today I've decided yet again another sweet( ok ok I know I have huge sweet addiction but who wouldn't with these recipes) so let's get started I've decided on some pastries which would be nice if your having a few guests over or for Irish people (don't know about other countries) this would be a nice little celebration treat for your teens and kids who finished school todaySoooo let's start.....Cream horn Ingredient. Quantity1. Shell Cream Horn 62. Whipped Whipping Cream 6 ounces3. Chocolate Sprinkles 1/2 ounceInstructions1. Prepare Whip the whipping cream and place it into a pastry bag that is fitted with a medium startip.2. Fill Insert the tip into the larger opening of the shell and squeeze the bag until the cream almost reaches the small opening. Finish off both ends with a decorative rosette of whipped cream.3. Garnish Dip each end lightly into chocolate sprinkles.My comment: these were a lovely treat and quiet nice for a small snack for kidsApple studel <33333 Ingredient Quantity1. Flour (All purpose) 8 ounces2. Salt 2 grams3. Butter(Clarified) 3 ounces4. Lemon Juice 1 teaspoon5. Water 4 - 4 ounces6. Apple Filling 20-24 ounces7. Almonds(roasted - ground fine) 2 ounces8. Powdered Sugar 1 ounceInstructions1. Clarify Melt the butter in a flat bottom pan using medium heat. Reduce the heat and cook away the water slowly, without burning the butter. Pour into a small bowl to cool and set aside. The cream floating on top of the clarified butter is used in the dough.2. Dough Place the flour, salt in the food processor. Skim the floating cream from the dish with the clarified butter and add. Bend these ingredients; add the water and lemon juice. Pulse the processor until a dough ball forms. Turn out onto a floured board and work into a smooth dough piece. Cover and allow it to rest an hour in the refrigerator.3. Prepare Prepare a sheet pan with a silicone mat. Lay a clean sheet of paper (or cloth) along the pan to stretch the strudel dough on. This will help you roll the strudel once complete. Butter a strip on the pan liner where the strudel will be when complete. See slide show for better understanding.4. Stretch Stretch the strudel dough as directed in the Step-By-Step slide show.5. Filling When making the Apple Filling, pay attention to reducing the liquid so that it is not to wet. Place the filling on the strudel dough as directed.6. Roll Use the sheet of paper to help roll the strudel into a tight log. Butter the outside and score with a sharp knife.7. Bake Bake in a 400 F preheated oven for 30 minutes. Pay particular attention to ensure a nice golden brown crust has developed. Brush any remaining butter on the surface after baking.My comment: a favourite childhood treat for me I absaloutly love them have a try and you will see there gorgeousOk time for a petit four recipe (yumm)The diamond walnut Ingredient Quantity1. 9" x 12" Chocolate Jelly Roll Cake 12. Chopped Walnuts 2 ounces3. Pink Buttercream 5 ounces4. Triple Sec Syrup 1-1/2 ounces5. Pure Ganache (Melted) 3 ouncesInstructions1. Prepare The jellyroll cake must be baked with the chopped walnuts sprinkled onto the batter. Grease and line the 9x12 pan with parchment paper. Spread 12 ounces of batter evenly across the pan, then sprinkle with walnuts.Bake then freeze.2. Slice Using a tranche board as a guide, cut the cake into 2 - 4" x 12" strips. Leave the paper on the bottom.3. Spread Using a spatula spread the pink buttercream onto one of the cakes. Top with the other cake face down. Using a second tranche board press down firmly. (Both top sides should be on the inside. Both papered sides on top and bottom.) Reserve buttercream for Step #74. Brush Remove the paper from one side and brush cake with half the syrup. Using the second tranche board, flip cake upside down. Remove other paper and brush the top with the remaining syrup. Chill.5. Finish Using a spatula hide the crumbs with a thin layer of melted ganache. Chill. Smooth on a second layer of melted ganache. Store until chilled to cut.6. Cut With a hot dry knife trim the long edges (1/4 inch) Discard the cut off. Wash and dry knife after each cut. Next slice the cake down the center into two even strips. With a hot dry knife cut at a 45 angle across both strips, at one inch intervals, to yield diamond shaped petit fours.7. Garnish With a pastry bag and a small star tip, garnish each diamond with a rosette in the center.My comment: a great little treat for after dinner gossip and such and such lovely taste and very fineOK PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK AND HOW YOURS WENT PLEASEAu revoirYours truly and merrilyMarie G.
updated by @georgiana-fitzherbert-grace: 06 Oct 2016 06:16:59AM