Living History
Donate to LHVW

The Greater Taste : a new beginning

Georgiana Fitzherbert Grace
@georgiana-fitzherbert-grace
11 years ago
95 posts
Hey I'm sorry you haven't heard from me for quiet the time as life is getting hectic at the moment I've been away from home the past few weeks and such going from china to france (ps I'll have the letters soon as im finally settling down in paris soon) ill be back in sl soon and open the store in a few days or when I can sorry to you allOk let's startI'm going with a classic recipe we all love cheesecake and some other of my delights :) XI'm going to let you decide which you want for the next time so choose at the end in commentsCheesecake (yummy)Cheesecake is my absolute spring favourite as I am an addict to sweet things I have many favourites and I find it difficult to choose just one so I chose Between my favourite lemon or lime so I just decided to choose My lemonLemon cheesecakeIngredients397 grams sweetened condensed milk300 grams cream cheese285 ml double cream4 large lemons12 digestive biscuits (crushed)80 grams buttertake 7inch loose bottomed cake tin, melt butter slowly on stove and add the crush digestive biscuitsonce the butter has been absorbed then turn into loose bottomed tin and pat down gently, refrigeratefor the cheesecake mixture, place the soft cheese into a mixing bowl and start to soften with an electric mixeradd the sweetened condensed milk slowly, this will ensure no lumps from the cheese remainthen add the double creamroll the lemons on the work surface, don't know why but they give up more juice & then squeeze them * note men are particularly adept at this part if you have one handy!add the lemon juice to the bowl a bit at a time & you'll find the beautifully creamy mixture starts to thickenonce all of the lemon juice has been added then transfer this to the biscuit base and refrigerate for an hour. Enjoy!!A little tip: If you like some texture and extra lemony tang then add a bit of grated lemon rindOk since I'm tired I decide to leave it at that so choose betweenA secret chicken recipe :)[ ]Or some more macaroons :)[ ]Or if you like feel free to make a requestLoveMarie Georgiana Alice G.
updated by @georgiana-fitzherbert-grace: 06 Oct 2016 06:18:29AM