Forum Activity for @tatiana-dokuchic

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
28 Aug 2011 04:45:36PM
1,931 posts

England: Tudor, York, Lancaster


Book Lovers

Antonia Fraser might be better know to usfor Marie Antoinette: The Journey but prior to that she wrote The Wives of Henry VIII and Mary Queen of Scots .

The Wives of Henry VIII Mary Queen of Scots

And then there's Alison Weir , a historical writer whomay sometimes be considered a tad muddled when it comes to the facts. See The Lost Boleyns - Thomas and Henry Boleyn as one example.

In any case, I found her recent The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn quite interesting. I had just decided to give up my grudge against Thomas Cromwell after reading Wolf Hall: A Novel by Hilary Mantel , when Ms Weir made the case that Cromwell was the person most responsible for the downfall of Anne Boleyn . Back came my loathing of Cromwell!!

I also enjoyed The Princes in the Tower , though you never do get a satisfactory answeras to whotheir murderer(s)was/were and of course The Six Wives of Henry VIII . After all, it seems you just can't read enough about Henry and his wives :))

The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn Wolf Hall: A Novel The Princes in the Tower The Six Wives of Henry VIII

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
28 Aug 2011 04:09:18PM
1,931 posts

England: Tudor, York, Lancaster


Book Lovers

Yes, I enjoyed The Tudors though I did have to keep reminding myself that it was just "all in good fun" and didn't mind playing fast and loose with the facts.

Actually, my family kept reminding me as I muttered things like "Did they really have to merge Henry's sisters Mary & Margaret into the same person!!!" - lol.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
28 Aug 2011 04:03:34PM
1,931 posts

England: Tudor, York, Lancaster


Book Lovers

I might venture to say that David Starkey is my favourite historians when it comes to English History.

For some reason I just trust his research more than I do some others. I've read his Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII & Elizabeth: The Struggle for the Throne and I'm looking forward to more!

Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII Elizabeth: The Struggle for the Throne

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
28 Aug 2011 03:55:04PM
1,931 posts

England: Tudor, York, Lancaster


Book Lovers

Rival branches of the royal House of Plantagenent ,the houses of Lancaster and York fought the Wars of the Roses from 1455 and 1485. In the end, the House of Tudor united the two factions and ruled England & Wales for 117 years.

As you will probably be able tell from the list I will spew out here, it's one of my favourite subjects.Whether it'sfanciful fictionor fascinating fact,it seems that Ican never get enough of all these Henrys, Elizabeths & assorted company!

I would love to hearyour recommendations!
updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:08:29AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
24 Aug 2011 09:33:04AM
1,931 posts

Destination: Duché de Coeur


Bloggers' Corner

Inara Pey from Living in a Modern World: Thoughts on Virtual Living dropped by the Duch recently having discovered it during our2nd AnnualArts & Music Festival.

See Tatiana's Tea Room: Destination: Duch de Coeur for more about her visit.


updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:08:29AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
31 Aug 2011 02:51:51PM
1,931 posts

Mesh & 64m Prims Are Here!!


General Discussion

You'll just have to sleep less so that you can get more done, Skye ;)
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
27 Aug 2011 04:35:54AM
1,931 posts

Mesh & 64m Prims Are Here!!


General Discussion

Wow - I spent yesterday using the new 64m prim size limit.

I knew that it was going to make a difference in building but I never dreamed it would make SO MUCH of a difference! No more compromising to save prims; what a relief!!!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
27 Aug 2011 04:33:19AM
1,931 posts

Mesh & 64m Prims Are Here!!


General Discussion

Thanks for the information. I didn't know the chateau was already spread over 2 regions. Makes sense :)
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
27 Aug 2011 04:31:14AM
1,931 posts

Mesh & 64m Prims Are Here!!


General Discussion

Thank you, Marquise :)

I didn't know we had so many TheSims2 people here at Royal Courts!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
26 Aug 2011 07:22:00AM
1,931 posts

Mesh & 64m Prims Are Here!!


General Discussion

Definitely a step in the right direction, though I'm actually one of those people that don't consider SL to actually be in decline.

I also have high hopes for Rod Humble as the CEO. He's doing a lot of good stuff with more to come.

  159