Forum Activity for @tatiana-dokuchic

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
21 Oct 2013 08:10:52AM
1,931 posts

What are you Reading?


Book Lovers

Thanks for the recommendations, Leandro.

I'll be learning more about the French Revolution.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
30 Sep 2013 05:02:04AM
1,931 posts

What are you Reading?


Book Lovers

Very cool to have that personal connection to the author.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
28 Sep 2013 06:34:49PM
1,931 posts

What are you Reading?


Book Lovers

Wow - what a find!

Sounds like a fascinating read.

Thanks for telling us about it.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
09 Jun 2012 08:19:12AM
1,931 posts

What are you Reading?


Book Lovers


Just finished The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones.

For some reason I thought it was going to be like Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. Iwas expecting to proceed at a rather leisurely pace wandering dream-like through the story from "Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again" to "And the ashes blew towards us with the salt wind of the sea". Instead I ended up blasting through this page-turner, anxious to see how things developed& surprised that the characters weren't behaving at all as I assumed they would.

Here's my review: The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 Feb 2012 09:40:54AM
1,931 posts

What are you Reading?


Book Lovers

I've just finished Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman by Robert K. Massie and I have to say it's probably one of the best biographies I've read in a long time. Massie seems to have magically transformed material that could have been very heavy reading into something quite light that was easy to breeze through. She certainly was a remarkable woman!!

I remember thinking that his Peter the Great (for which he won the Pulitzer Prize) was a bit tough so perhaps this is easier because I have a better understanding of the times which included Empress Maria Theresa of Austria, Marie Antoinette etc.

I'm now moving on to Nicholas and Alexandra: The Classic Account of the Fall of the Romanov Dynasty though I'm really not looking forward to the ending of it.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
07 Feb 2012 12:37:42PM
1,931 posts

What are you Reading?


Book Lovers

Sounds interesting and those love spells are just in time for Valentine's Day ;) Thanks for sharing it!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
06 Feb 2012 01:58:06PM
1,931 posts

What are you Reading?


Book Lovers

Thanks for the references. I'm going to have to read more about Victoria!!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
05 Feb 2012 04:05:46PM
1,931 posts

What are you Reading?


Book Lovers

Good to know!

This is the first time I've tried an Austen sequel and the first time I've read P. D. James so I didn't know quite what to expect. I agree with you, it was a good read :)

p.s. Love the pinkies :))

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
05 Feb 2012 03:29:27PM
1,931 posts

What are you Reading?


Book Lovers

Just finished Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James.

If you've ever wondered what happens to Elizabeth & Darcy after you leave them in Jane Austens Pride and Prejudice, this is a good one for you. Of course it doesn't hold a candle to P & P but it was kind of a nice way to catch up with old friends.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
16 Jan 2012 07:23:01AM
1,931 posts

What are you Reading?


Book Lovers

Hehehe ... though some people might think that a world full of Edwards and Bellas was the real nightmare ;)

  161