Living History
Donate to LHVW

Call for Historical Models

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

I am working on some graphics for the upcoming Decades Festival and Ball.

I could really use some models willing to dress their AVs for the following periods.

Pre-History (yep, cave men or women)

Ancient Times (roughly 3000 BC to 500 AD, so Rome, Ancient Israel, Egypt, Messopotamia...)

Medieval Times (roughly 500 AD to 1500 AD)

Early Modern Times (1500-1750)

Modern Era (1750 to the present)

It did occur to me that I could use my own avatars but I think it will be fun for several people to participate.

Please contact me if you are willing to dress and have your pic taken for PR purposes.

Contact me here, via email, or inworld (Freda Frostbite).

Thanks In Advance!

updated by @stephanie-mesler: 31 May 2017 08:20:49PM
Sidonie Laborde
@sidonie-laborde
9 years ago
83 posts
Sounds like much fun! Would love to use some of my costumes and try myself as a model :-)
Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

Woohoo! Yay Sidonie! I will friend you inworld, if we are not already friends. Let me know which periods you would like to be photographed for. Then we can meet in my studio and I will snap your pic. Thanks!

Anyone else?

Jean-Matisse
@jean-matisse
9 years ago
30 posts

great idea!

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

So does that mean you are in? If so, contact Freda inworld to make your pictures.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Cousin Trolley waves her arms wildly . . . she's good for anything from 1880-1960. And well, Sister looks ok in a toga and Sister Cousin rocks the 1940s if you need 'em.

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

I can use at least some of those. Let's make an appointment for picture-making.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

I have come to the conclusion that my "family" of avatars are all clothes' horses. They really need to get out and develop their minds instead of spending their time collecting hair . . . and shoes . . . and etc., etc.

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

We could start a Rational Recovery group for our girls. Something along the lines of Pixel StilettoHoardersAnonymous.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

a 12 step program...an excuse for more shoes!

Alessandra di Fiorentino-Conti
@alessandra-di-fiorentino-conti
9 years ago
205 posts

Beautiful Idea, If you need another Model for Renaissance, Baroque/Rococo and the 1920's I can help you aswell ;)

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

I definitely need someone for Rococo/Baroque. IM me please here or inworld to set a time.

Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

With the advancments in technology, and trasportation, Socirty begains to change faster and Faster.

Having only 2 eras from 1500-1750 is very limiting.

Early Modern Times (1500-1750)

Modern Era (1750 to the present)

The dates are also, Arbitrery.

1500 is a good divider, with the Discovery by Christopher Columbus of something that some in Europe had know for centurys, but by and large was unknow, that of the exsitance of a land to the west, open up many changes, the center of power moved, and a whole new age was opening. At the same time, the Printing press, and the Reformatin was happening.

Some Where between the War of the Spanish Sussion (1701-1714) and the Death of Queen Ann, (1714), We come up with another Nateral divider.

In France, King Luis XIV dies in 1715

So using Anglaphile notations, the Georgian era, (1715-1830)

But the Georgian Era, often is split becase of the French Revolution and the Napolionic Wars ( this could actually be called the Seconed World War, the First being the F&I or Seven years War)

And in all of the English Speaking World, Queen Victoria is used to refer to a Age.

So:

1492-1715 Exploration and Reformation.

1715-1787 (Baroque, Rococo, Colonial, Revolution.)

1787-1830 Empires ( French Empier, English Regency & British Empier, American Federlist)

1830-1901: Victorian

1901 to Present: The Tweneth Century.

Yes, this can all be sub-divided agin to make it more accurate, but I trying to keep broad eras, But what we have above are eras tied together by politics, actions and fashion.

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
9 years ago
359 posts

I have a variety of centuries in my wardrobe, as well as some variety of continents. Do let me know if I can help.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

A great big Thank You to all who participated as models for the Decades Festival PR materials. Tonight, I created the poster we'll send out with info about the festival and I am very pleased with it. Once I have all the information necessary, I'll load it with a notecard and landmark and start distributing posters.

I'll be using more of these photos in banners for Facebook and Google+ and in ads I hope to have placed on various sites. If you know of a virtual worlds blogger or an inworld publication that could help to tell the metaverse about this festival, please contact me with their information.

Remember, please, that all proceeds from The Decades Festival will support this website. The more people who know about the fest, the more will come. The more who come, the more lindens will be raised. Please help spread the word!

9 years ago
359 posts

I'm afraid I wasn't able to be on much this week, Stephanie. I'll assume from the preceding message you found everyone you needed.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

Yes, we got LOTS of pics. I am still piecing together which pics will be used for which purposes. Could still use folks to take shifts in the coffee house (this would involve rp) and greeters to welcome newcomers to the festival. Interested?

9 years ago
359 posts

Yes, very.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

If you are interested in working the cafe, ping me inworld whenever you have the chance. If you want to do the greeter thing, you can contact me or Saraphen Colliope for scheduling.

Thanks-- Freda