Living History
Donate to LHVW

DECADES exhibit benefiting our Royal Courts and Relay for Life needs HELP!

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
8 years ago
313 posts

Many of you know Sister is less than a stellar builder! Time and time again members of this community step up and save the day (the DECADES Festival last summer with 12 builders creating magic and raising some money to help finance this web site for another season).

Claire suggested DECADES take an exhibit space at the upcoming Relay For Life Home & Garden Expo. I know many of the creators here are exhibiting in the event, but if you can spare a little time -- or have something you'd like to feature in the DECADES space, it would be greatly appreciated.

The theme of the event is HOPE. I've used a quote from Emily Dickenson ( Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. ) and a painting by the Finnish artist Hugo Simber called Wounded Angel (1903) as a springboard.

Claire had the fabulous idea to create a meadow with a BIG tree in the middle surrounded by easels with paintings and small tables (tree stump top) to hold beautiful "smalls" of different eras that evoke memories. A Faberge picture frame, a 19th century Japanese 1000 cranes plate (symbol of healing), an Arts & Crafts "Tree of Life Screen" an Art Nouveau framed tile lamp are done. Jacon has created a Relay of Life version of the Sunflower broach he made for DECADES. Sere has taken on a Pandora's Box with Hope in the bottom.

We need smallish things from the following eras: Ancient Greece and Rome, Medieval, Renaissance, 18th centuries. Proceeds from their sales can be donated to Relay for Life, this web site or go solely to you. The rules of the expo call for 2 items created exclusively for the event, with 100% donation to RFL. I can provide that, but something better than anything I can make from a kit would be ideal.

A photo of the working model of he exhibit (20 x 20 exhibit space) is below. We had a lot of fun with the DECADES Festival and got some attention for this website in the process. This is a nice "warm up" for the launch of 2016 efforts.

P.S. - Everything has to be in place for opening by February 11; Expo opens February 14.

3580_discussions.png?width=750

updated by @lorsagne-de-sade: 06 Oct 2016 06:38:46AM
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
8 years ago
313 posts

I would "kill" for a fabulous 18th century chamber pot to include in the exhibit. Seriously! Serves wasn't just for soup plates and vases...lol.

Julia Auditore
@julia-auditore
8 years ago
11 posts

Accepted! I shall see what I can do ;)

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
8 years ago
313 posts

Oh, thank you! Now, what 18th century rogue needs "dispatching" to make the world a better place? grin...I did say I'd kill for a chamber pot, so....

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
8 years ago
313 posts

Lorsagne's great good friend Lucien Aristide de Robion-Castellane (Robijn) has has taken time from his duties as the Marquis de Lafayette's aide de camp to create and donate a very lovely wall sconce to include in the exhibit . . .

3581_discussions.png?width=721

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
8 years ago
313 posts

2 terrific contributions to the exhibit...both will benefit this website, as well as Relay for Life...

A lush evergeen in a planter I would love to have in RL, as well as SL from Leena and Julia's fabulous ANIMATED chamber pot! Photos below.....

Anybody else wanna play?

3582_discussions.png?width=721

3583_discussions.png?width=721

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
8 years ago
313 posts

Jacon has added a beautiful Regency chandelier and vase to the offerings . . .

3584_discussions.png

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,903 posts

How wonderful!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Nora Clementine Fernsby
@nora-clementine-fernsby
8 years ago
63 posts

looking good!