Living History
Donate to LHVW

FENCING TOURNAMENT IN MELIORIA

Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
13 years ago
113 posts

The Principality of MELIORIA, this wonderful island in the sun, this palladian jewel of the Mediterranean sea, with its charming and colourful harbour, and palazzos, villas, shops, gardens, fortressis organizing its own En Garde fencing tournament on Saturday, February 5 th , between 2 pm and 4 pm( or so).

The Royal Courts En Garde fencing group is proud and happy to join and support this event!

Please come and join us, as a fencer or attendant - a picnic party will be held at the same time by MELIORIA Residents.

In this post today, I will recall the rules:

- No registration to the tournament is needed: just show up in time, and say you wish to take part in it. All fencers from all courts or origins are allowed, provided that they wear period ( around 18 th century) clothes, and are NOT absolute beginners: you should know the basic rules and moves of En Garde.

- There will be several rounds in the competition: each winner of a duel is qualified for the next round, each loser is eliminated ( of the competition, not of the picnic :-)))

- The competition will begin at 2 pm : try to be on time and please take notice that no 1059_discussions.jpg?width=500 fencer will be allowed to compete if showing up AFTER the first round of duels.

- The two finalists will be awarded prizes by the Prince of Melioria (I did not count the gold coins in the purses, but they were plenty).

- Myron, Baron de Verne will act as referee, and will dispatch the duels.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION to these advices:

- to avoid causing lag, try to stagger your appearance on MELIORIA territory from 1.45 to 2 pm.: dont rush in all at the same time!

- Please get rid of as many scripts as you can that you are wearing (for further details, you can read Tatianas discussion post here How laggy is your avi?)

Last and final advice:ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT TO SHARPEN YOUR BLADES, COME AND ENJOY!

updated by @lord-myron-de-verne: 06 Oct 2016 06:05:20AM
Capacitatodd Principe diMelioria
@capacitatodd-principe-dimelioria
13 years ago
15 posts

Dear Lord de Verne - Well I shall certainly lighten "bling" to make all comfortable except of course the prize purses which shall only lighten me when I proudly hand them over to the winners!