Living History
Donate to LHVW

Second Life inspires! (OOC)

Anne, Comtesse de Noailles
@anne-comtesse-de-noailles
13 years ago
263 posts

Hello everyone,

I have lately been particularly fascinated by the immense influence Second Life as a virtual reality exerts on music and arts in RL. There are several projects that allude to Second Life or have drawn inspiration from our world.

In the following discussion I would like to gather links and photos of artistic projects (music, fashion, arts) by people who spent time in second life and used this experience to create something unique.

Looking forward to your posts :)

updated by @anne-comtesse-de-noailles: 14 Oct 2016 05:47:14AM
Anne, Comtesse de Noailles
@anne-comtesse-de-noailles
13 years ago
263 posts

for instance I found this video of a new alternative electro band from Canada.

Adélaïde
@adelaide
13 years ago
43 posts

I believe that the most important thing that Second Life has given to real life is another form of Education.Some weeks ago i was at Melioria and i found a French teacher teaching Ancient Greek and Latin through Second life to students from different French cities.I believe that as there are Ancient Greek and Latin roleplaying sims it can largely help them see how things were in that time.Also our communities are an example of Education.It can help people live in different times,places,adopt roles,and do things that real life is unable to give them the opportunity to do.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,919 posts
This is one of my favourite examples. The Kansas to Cairo Project:

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Princess Louise of Denmark
@princess-louise-of-denmark
13 years ago
13 posts
I have to say this video is awesome! Bringing together two different cultures and people who are thousands of miles apart on something like this project. Thank you for posting this video Tatiana.