Living History
Donate to LHVW

Marie-Antoinette d'Autriche
@marie-antoinette-dautriche
13 years ago
43 posts

Yes, Grandpapa-Roi, we *so* need a Louis-Auguste!! (Je rien, no RP sex for at least five more real-life years!!) (hihi JOKE)

As Votre Majeste notes, these roles are very demanding in terms of time (and I would add, in terms of research) and in the amount of resources you must be willing to devote to them. You do not have to spend hundreds of dollars or euros or pounds a month, a strategic monthly investment would certainly be enough, but it will cost more than a normal courtier. And these definitely are not roles for people who are looking to be amused or to seek glory; although often their Highnesses will act as if they are simply being waited on hand and foot, do not be deceived, this truly is role play, and "behind the scenes" we are usually busy in IM with each other or with this or that courtier, trying to plan the next step in a role play, to keep things moving along. So this level of RP requires a willingness to learn, a strong ability to separate IC and OOC, a good teamwork ethic, and the ability to, as moderns say, "multitask". As is said, a real love for the character in question is an incomparable asset; knowing about this person from a broad range of sources, instead of a few popular ones (if available), makes a great difference in how a person will RP the character.

Really this is an exciting opportunity though, our family has really "clicked" thus far, and playing these roles, despite their difficulties and demands, is very rewarding - just not for the reasons people would usually assume. I cannot encourage you enough, if after due consideration, you feel you have an affinity to one of these characters or that someone you know would be perfect for playing them, to at least see about the roles. I myself did not consider this role until I was urged to by several people, and now I'm very happy I did, as I've always been sympathetic to Antoinette, and read more and more about her. - Well, dear Grandpapa-Roi, I hope I haven't gone on too much, but I just wanted to discourage and encourage ... discourage anyone looking to these roles for glory and self, because you will be quickly distressed and the rest of us will be frustrated (to say the least) with you, and encourage anyone who would like one of these roles out of real interest in portraying character and pursuing RP, but perhaps is put off by the "elevation", believe me, it's worth it, please come try.

Merci a tout!! Come find me, Louis-Auguste!!

Marie-Clotilde de France
@marie-clotilde-de-france
13 years ago
9 posts
What a wonderful, well thought out description! ((Also LOL about the rp sex!!haha)) I am looking forward to meeting my dear Madame la Comtesse de Marsan!
Madame Adélaïde Duchêne
@madame-adelaide-duchene
13 years ago
14 posts

The role of Her Royal Highness Madame Sophie de France was given to alexandra.georgia who showed that she was very good to integrate herself.

Congratulations to our new Madame Sophie !

Anne, Comtesse de Noailles
@anne-comtesse-de-noailles
13 years ago
263 posts
excellent! congrats :-)
Madame Adélaïde Duchêne
@madame-adelaide-duchene
13 years ago
14 posts

The roles of the Cardinal of France was given today !

Congratulations to him.