Living History
Donate to LHVW

Was there a Change to the number for Uploads of Pictures?

Madame Desireme Fallen
@madame-desireme-fallen
13 years ago
110 posts

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

Have the policy of uploading 12 photos at one time changed to 4? The system is now telling me that I have 4 upload and I checked and I dont have any pictures in the top 100 which is 5 pages. I do have some pictures on page 9 though.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query.

Alexanderine d Amblise

updated by @madame-desireme-fallen: 06 Oct 2016 06:08:20AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,907 posts

The ability to limit the number of pictures uploaded each day is a recent addition to the Ning functionality. Right now, I have set the number of pictures per day to 4 andit is monitored automatically by the Ning software.

The rule that you can only have 12 pictures in the top 100 ( Sharing Photos on this Site - Limitations ) has been around for quite a while and is not automated. This means that for each photo submission, I have to manually count the number of photos already in the top 100 for the individual uploading the pics. As you can imagine, this is a tedious job especially when I have to reject the photos and contact people that have exceeded the limit.

Now that we can automatically restrict the number of photos uploaded per day, I am considering removingthe limitation of 12 in the top 100. With this in mind, I have been trying out the limit of 4 per day to see how it works. So far so good.

I would like everyone's feedback on this. Should we try out 4 pics a day with no limitation on the number in the top 100? I guess we could always revive the 12 in 100 rule if things get out of hand. What do you think?

Thanks!

Tatiana

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Henri Louis Marie de Rohan
@henri-louis-marie-de-rohan
13 years ago
192 posts

I think 4 pictures should be fine - if it's a big event, lots of the guests will be uploading their own pictures so it will always be well-documented.

And MON DIEU tat I never realised that was what you had to do!!

Anne, Comtesse de Noailles
@anne-comtesse-de-noailles
13 years ago
263 posts

I think it is a good idea :-)

some of us are hobby photographers...some do less...I think its a good idea to go the middle way