Living History
Donate to LHVW

Reluctant Renovator: I Fall to Pieces

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,907 posts

It's too late to turn back now!!

As you can see from the photo above, we've gone past the point of no return with the renovation. The initial plans & design are done, the material is ordered and the tile floor, which covers most of the first floor, is a thing of the past.

Now I've got Patsy Cline & George Carlin dueling it out in my head!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:17:42AM
Cherish Carver
@cherish-carver
11 years ago
47 posts

whose gonna win...i am hopin patsy

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,907 posts

I love Patsy ... I do ... but the woman is always so darned sad ...:(

I'm secretly (or not so secretly now) pulling for George :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Joan Claremont
@joan-claremont
11 years ago
363 posts

That looks like hard work scraping up all that tile! I wish I could do that to my kitchen floor. ;P What will the new material be?

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,907 posts

We have dogs sotile works out great for us, doesn't mark or scratch & it cleans up very easily.

Unfortunately, the old tile floor "failed". Turns out that they didn't glue it down correctly when they originally installed it so over the years the tiles became loose & the grout crumbled - sigh -

So the new material will be tile & this time we have a guarantee that it will last - keeping fingers crossed -

--