Living History
Donate to LHVW

Country Residence of George III (RP venue)

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
10 years ago
93 posts

In RL I am an author, poet and playwright. Recently, I have been researching the Georgian period in general and the life of Frances Burney in particular. I have now decided that I will be writing a play based on this research. The particulars of the play and its plot are still up for internal debate and will be for some time to come.

In the meantime, I would like to set up an rp venue for the court of George III, 1786-91. This is the period of an assassination attempt, the king's "madness," and many trips of the court to resorts of various types. I will be Frances Burney in this RP, but hope there are others with an interest in participating.

There are many, many books about the period that can help with fleshing out characters and with developing the setting and rp. If you are interested in participating, please say so here or IM me in SL (Freda Frostbite, there), so that I can add you to the group I am forming for this project. Thanks all!

updated by @stephanie-mesler: 06 Oct 2016 06:30:19AM
Leopoldina
@leopoldina
10 years ago
280 posts

That sounds like a very fun and interesting RP idea, I wish you the best of luck with it! I know really close to nothing on that particular time/place, but if I have time I would love to join!

MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
10 years ago
647 posts

Wonderful idea! I have read a few passages from Eveline, which, if I am not mistaken, is from Burney. I look forward to seeing what will become of this project ;)

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

Yay! You know Lorsagne and company will be knocking on the door as soon as Lorsagne's typist recovers.

Sidonie Laborde
@sidonie-laborde
10 years ago
83 posts
A very interesting time period (oh the fashion!) and rp idea!I would definatley like to try being part of it :-)
Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
10 years ago
93 posts

I have gone ahead and formed a group inworld and here on Ning called The Royal Retreat. Please sign up here and inworld to be kept abreast of events and plans for this rp. I am so glad people are interested.