Living History
Donate to LHVW

Removal of Presido La Bahia in Antiquity Tejas

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
10 years ago
252 posts

Greetings and Salutations,

It is with a heavy heart that i announce the removal of the Presidio La Bahia, in Antiquity Tejas. Built in 2009, the Presidio is an exact replica of the original Presidio built by the Spanish in Goliad at the start of the 1720's. This was a very important military fort for the Spanish and later played a major part in the Battle for Texas Independence. The Sl version was created by Powder Pinkenba and he was able to collaborate with a board member of the RL Presidio Organization to help keep it accurate. For a few years now, the Presidio has served as a place for various military groups to train and battle, a hospital to care for the injured of Antiquity and farms around it to grow food for the Antiquity Market.
The Chapel of the Presidio will stay. It will be moved from its current location and it will be placed so that a small part of the Presidio can stay. We have had many people come and visit, pray and light candles at the Chapel, and it will continue to be used for that purpose.
As for the future of Tejas, once the Presidio is moved, the land mass will be removed leaving 2/3 that will be water while 1/3 will stay land. This land will be located at the north part of the sim. Together with the sinking of the south east corner of Argylle and the reduced land mass in Yucatan, it should open up access to the northern areas of antiquity for better sailing.
If you have not visited the Presidio, please take a few mins and have a look around. If you have candles at the chapel, please contact me so we can set them up so they can be moved into the new chapel. The Presidio will probably be removed as early as the afternoon of Sunday Oct. 19.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Antiquity%20Tejas/104/22/22

Also, Oceania City, will be razed. Oceania City has been with us for years, and I thank the bluesteels for the use of the city all this time. A new location for Market will be selected and we will inform all as to the location as soon as it is decided. Thank you also to Bea, for her mer city she had under Oceania City.
Antiquity has other changes coming as well. As we prepare for the arrival of Buckingham Palace, Antiquity Texas will undergo some changes on the ground as well as in the forest. And i must say, i could not have done this with out the help of all the Owners and Admins of Antiquity. Our team works so hard in the back ground, building organizing and encouraging the development and betterment of Antiquity. After over 4 years, this team has helped create the wonderful land we can Antiquity. From the tropical islands in the south of Antiquity, the palaces and chateaus of the French Kingdom, islands of Dominica and Marie Galante, the Spanish Court , the rolling estates of Finlanda Britannica and Cambridge, the Baroque Principality of Mont Saint Bruno, sea side regency area of Somerset, to the newest coming attraction Buckingham Palace, Antiquity has a bit of everything, a community of Nobles, Merchants and Pirates that help give a balanced feeling. The fact that we have so many wonderful residents and friends, is just a bonus...:)))

Thank you all for your continued help and support.

Jacon Cortes de Bexar

3194_discussions.png

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB

updated by @jacon-cortes-de-bexar: 06 Oct 2016 06:31:53AM
Curtis
@curtis
10 years ago
103 posts

Sad to see the Presido Go, it is a Great pice, But i Know there some Great Changes in the works.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

Oh, I hate to read this news! In RL I have strong ties and roots to the Presido and Fannin's folly and the massacre at Goliad.

Louis Alexandre de Launay
@louis-alexandre-de-launay
10 years ago
6 posts

I too am an admirer of the ground level architecture of Antiquity. It was one of the first I "sim hopped"and discoveredwhen I originally came to SL. It was a ground breakingbuild and of much interest . Is there anyway it can be archived in inventory ? salute LA.

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
10 years ago
359 posts

I'm also very sorry to see the Presidio go, as Antiquity's historical grounding was one of the factors that originally drew me. Perhaps someday, if Linden Labs decides to make a more meaningful commitment to the provision of space for educational substance, we might see it return. At least we still have the Capitol, will shortly have Buckingham again, and may expect to see Chenonceau once more after the end of this season's seismic shifts.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
10 years ago
252 posts

Thank you all for the kind words. When we first attached to Antiquity, in dec of 2007 with Antiquity Texas, Grand Duke and Duchess Gregg and Angel were kind enough to allow us to base our sim theme on Texas. We commissioned many buildings to help give us a taste of the varied areas an cultures within Texas. Our first walking tour, with the brief history of Texas, brought us many educators to visit and see how we used our area to promote the history of Texas. As I am only about 90 miles from Goliad, and my brother has participated in the re eanactments and also was in the movie The Alamo, I have a very special connection to the Presidio. As Tia mentioned, maybe one day Linden Labs will see the importance of historical based sims, and help develop them as a major asset to Second Life. We do have the presidio boxed, and we hope to place it again some time next to Spanish Governors Palace and the few historical homes we had recreated. Again, thank you for your kind words for this sleep but historical building.

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
10 years ago
252 posts

Wow, this is wonderful to know. It is not often I get to meet people with ties to the Presidio, much less know of its existence. I hope you will continue to visit Antiquity. You are always welcome. Also, if you ever want to touch bases on texas history, it would really enjoy that.

--
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
10 years ago
252 posts

Thank you Louis Alexandre for you kind words. It makes me very happy that you visited and enjoyed our estate. Over the past few years, we have strived to place and create the best estate in Second Life. Being a lover of history, as many others in Antiquity, we have tried to incorporate history with our buildings and areas. I am pleased to tell you, we do have the presidio boxed, and hope to be able to place it again some time in the future. I hope you will come back to visit the ground level and see some of the changes we have done and also visit the forest level, which is filled with areas for living and traveling, horseback riding and other events to pass the time. If I can be of any help, please feel free to contact me. Again, Thank you.

--
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
10 years ago
252 posts

Thank you Stormy......we do hope to be around for a very long time....always the optimist..I will say...yes...we will have a big party sometime....to welcome it back...:)))

--