Living History
Donate to LHVW

Call for help! Stumped on texturing a mesh shield and sword for an exhibit

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

I am a total idiot when it comes to texturing mesh, dealing with AO and AV maps and etc., etc. I bought a decent kit for a shield and knight's sword...both a full perm...and made a texture for the sheild of Ignatius of Loyola's coat of arms. But I cannot get it "right" when I try to actually put it all together.

The exhibit is for Rocca Sorrentina and I am flinging myself on the mercy of this group...can anybody help a dummy like me with this? I can either send you the textures, the components of the "kits" or I have them rezzed and can give you edit rights, etc., etc.

Lorsagne

(SisterButta in SL)

3225_discussions.png

updated by @lorsagne-de-sade: 04 Apr 2019 11:54:02AM
William Palmer
@william-palmer
10 years ago
12 posts

Hi

If you send me an the bits in world I will see what I can do :)

Kind regards

William Palmer

Leopoldina
@leopoldina
10 years ago
280 posts

From the image I can't tell what's wrong, what is the issue you're having? I'll be online for the next couple of hours, contact me if you still need help!

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

I did buy them on Marketplace and the maps were included...AO and UV. I have written the creator but never received an answer. I have Gimp but have never really worked with it. . . I use paint.net a fairly robust utility that is within my limited skill set to clean up images and convert between file formats, etc.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

The image of the coat of arms don't line up quite right and it bleeds over to the back. . there are multiple sufaces to texture and I can't seem to get it right. And the texture once it it applied to the object looks muddy to me, it's not crisp and well defined.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

Bless you. I will send them within the next two hours . . . it is 9 a.m SLT.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

Usually I am of the school of thought that less is more, but for my much loved Jebbies, the whole shebang.

I see the notice for the exhibit opening has just gone up, so I best get back to finishing all the notecards . . . something within my skill set!

Ad majorem Dei gloriam!

Leandro Rinaldo Malaspina
@leandro-rinaldo-malaspina
10 years ago
12 posts

The sword is not bad... the shield is a bit crude, I could probably make or modify a better one for you if you want! I just need the crest to put on it :) ( I think I could work out a better sword as well anyway lol)

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

I think William Palmer (WilliamPalmer in SL) is making headway with the shield.....Ignatius could have two shields, but it might be overkill. Would you like to tackle the sword instead? I agree, the one I bought is pretty crude. But perhaps in keeping with the "style" of sword for a Crusader/knight in the 1500s.

Leandro Rinaldo Malaspina
@leandro-rinaldo-malaspina
10 years ago
12 posts

Sure! I'll work on that now :)

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

WOW!!! The sword and its scabbard are splendid! I cannot wait for people to see it when the exhibit opens.

Thank you!

SL is the most amazing place . . . so many creative people offer to help bring visions to life. That is the great attraction of SL for me. The people.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

Thanks to this group, Ignatius sword and shield will be at the Jesuit exhibit when it opens at Rocca Sorrentina on the 29th of this month. William Palmer created the shield and Leandro Rinaldo Malaspina created a sword and scabbard (we realized that the Virgin probably would prefer arms be sheathed to prevent injury!

I had thought to post photos of each of these two wonderful people's work, but have decided not to in hopes of enticing people to come and see their work in situ at the exhibit when it opens the end of the month.

So many members of Royal Courts have helped in the shaping of the exhibit and it is a visual feast (of course, I am prejudiced, but I am never wrong...lol).

Thank you again to everyone for helping and encouraging.