Living History
Donate to LHVW

Maison Noir Blanc: Messing with Mesh & Materials

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,902 posts

2430_discussions.png?width=750

In Second Life, as in real life, I tend to be a "jack of all trades and master of none". I love to dabble in the different skills necessary to create but I'm very impatient with the learning curve. I'm reallyexcited about the introduction of Mesh and now Materials to Second Life but I find it hard to make a concentrated effort to get up to speed on these 3D building techniques.

All this to say that I need a lot ofinspiration to propel me into uncharted territory.

The Neoclassic Row House pictured above right, was just what I was looking for; small & stylish, classic & contained. It's a build that easily lends itself to mesh modelling, or so my untutoredself surmises.And so project Maison Noir Blanc was launched.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:21:15AM
Lady Bluebird of Orkney
@lady-bluebird-of-orkney
11 years ago
81 posts

Love the townhouse!

Lady Mary Frances Montagu
@lady-caroline-maria-montagu
11 years ago
20 posts

Dear Tatiana,

The building is charming!

The idea of going to new horizons is the spice of life. I hope this is a new beginning for you.

My compliments.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,902 posts

Thank you, ladies :)

It's a very small build, especially when you compare it to the grand chateaux that we are use to seeing here, but nonetheless it's rather a daunting tasksince Iwant to convert almost everything to a mesh model.

I hate reading instructions but I'm having a great time learning as I go with this project. Now if only my poor avi will forgive me for crashing her repeatedly into the wall to check to see if it's solid ;)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Lady Burnstein
@lady-burnstein
11 years ago
225 posts

Congratulations for this new project dear Taty!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,902 posts

2431_discussions.png?width=721

It's starting to look more like a house!

--
Nora Clementine Fernsby
@nora-clementine-fernsby
11 years ago
63 posts

Hooray for progress! It's looking good :)

Lady Bluebird of Orkney
@lady-bluebird-of-orkney
11 years ago
81 posts

Better and better!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,902 posts

Thanks Ladies!

I'm happy to say that you can now walk through the front door without falling through a gap and getting trapped in the foundation :))

I've also mastered the creation of hinged, mesh doors and I'm working on a brand new Doric Column that is low LI. My first attempt saw the column base come in at LI=14 (which is more than all the windows & doors combined at this point) but I've now got it down to 0.5 - whew!

Now if I could only remember the difference between Doric, Ionic & Corinthian without looking them up every time I'd be getting somewhere :))

--